We are one
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
I hope it's OK for me to go ahead and post. I'll be vague about who's present and whatnot. Also, I'm going to be NPCing Ray. :)

From her perch overlooking the hot springs, she spotted them even as they made their way toward the plateau: a small pack of wolves. Koontz did not know their intentions. All she knew was that a group of strangers was approaching her borders. Apprehensively, she stood and howled for Ariston to come, if he was within earshot. She also requested the presence of Ray and any other pack mate who was free to flank her as she confronted the encroaching group.

No one replied directly, yet Ray appeared, sliding alongside her like a larger-than-life shadow. "Thanks for coming, Ray," she said to him, then motioned for him to follow her. The wolves were coming quite close now and they had no time to waste. Hopefully, Ariston et al would catch up. Exchanging an anxious glance with Ray, Koontz sucked in a deep breath, squared her shoulders and began loping down the plateau to meet them.

She lifted her head and tail as she came closer. He did as well, keeping his a bit lower than his sister's. Koontz's pale eyes flicked from one wolf to another. They all looked fairly young. None of them appeared to be threatening, at least outwardly. The Beta did not relax, however. She tried to pick out a leader for the group, though it was the twins—for she took them to be such—that eventually drew her eye. Their pale fur stood out to her, as did the male's strangely blank eyes.

She braced her forelegs and stopped at the group's anterior. "Can we help you?" she asked brusquely, feeling Ray's shoulder brush reassuringly against her own as she faced the ragtag band of strangers.
Messages In This Thread
We are one - by Julooke - August 07, 2013, 02:35 PM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 07, 2013, 02:47 PM
RE: We are one - by Yildun - August 07, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: We are one - by Barristan - August 09, 2013, 11:45 AM
RE: We are one - by Verrine - August 12, 2013, 01:03 AM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 14, 2013, 01:39 PM