Horizon Ridge I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It was actually ME's suggestion, aha, but yeah I should ask to have it changed before someone snags it as a name and I can't get it. xD He's outgrown his need for the moniker. ;p

“What do you know of my Gods, maiden?” His anger finally woven through his voice, breaking through his careful façade of grins and nonchalant poise when he was angry. “I did not love her, my interest in her had ran it’s course, as it did with my previous mates - as it always does,” He admitted feeling frustration build up within his chest, layered atop the unease of his anger that seethed like an infected wound beneath his skin, poisonous and disgusting all the same. Ragnar was baffled - unable to understand why her unwillingness to see his way, that her anger at him caused him to react so. He had angered many others before so why was it hers that bothered him like an itch he couldn’t scratch. “You are mistaken on how me and mine treat our females. Our females are our equals in many ways, Thistle. Their opinions count, they fight beside us in battle, some shield maidens fight better than some of the males.” He paused licking his lips, his scarred and unscarred ears slicking back to lay against the crown of his skull. “I have nothing but respect for females, however, I need to ensure my bloodline continues, and it was cruel of me to keep her around when I did not return her affections.” Half of his reasoning was entirely selfish, of course, but he had, if only for a small fragment of a moment, considered Dagmar.

“For the Jarls, like me? I suppose it is custom. I don’t know, maybe if I had loved her it would have been different,” Surely it would have been, he reasoned. “But I can’t love. I feel lust for a month, a year and then it is gone, as if it had never existed in the first place.” It had been that very tendency that had spurred Ragnar to kill (the original) Björn, that had seen him at the helm of the Cove. “No,” Ragnar spoke in response to her question. “We go on raids during the Winter months when our Jarl commands us too and most of the time that is the only time that many go on a ‘journey’. Commands from the Gods are rare to be given directly. Usually they only speak through the Seer. It happens sometimes though, it is why I am here.” He murmured in a thoughtful tone, his eyes leaving her to search for any signs of Odinn’s ravens - Huginn and Muinin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me - by Ragnar - April 11, 2014, 08:17 PM