Silvertip Mountain The ripple effect
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Where Fitz saw the damage of his old home, Mason saw the promise of new beginnings in the budding trees and the rivers which were gradually self-cleansing. He loved all of Silvertip, old and new, and it was for this reason that his flightful fancies of leaving to found his own pack had been discarded like a dirty bag almost as soon as they had entered his head. He loved Silvertip like he loved his father and June. Those three things were the only constants in his young life. He had never wanted for a mother, and had perhaps instead allowed the land itself to nurture and protect him alongside FitzDutiful.

Mason was so lost in thought about his father that he did not actually notice the older male sidle up. The images shimmered then meshed together in the stream. It was only when Mason noticed his own reflection smiling that he realised his body had innately registered his father’s scent before his active cognition could catch up. The boy canted his head towards his Dad and directed that smile at the one parent who had stuck around always. Even when Mason was being a little terror, Fitz had never done anything except allow Mason time and show he would always be there when he was needed again. Mason appreciated that more than he had ever told FitzDutiful. June was awesome, and they spent tonnes of time together, but it was Mason who had to look after her. Fitz was the only one who Mason had ever known that he could turn to at any moment; who would always protect and care for him.

With his head on one side and his ear flopped affectionately towards his father’s cheek, Mason responded automatically.  “Yeah Dad.” A swift lick to his father’s chin was presented before Mason caught his Dad actually looking at his paw – it wasn’t a generic question and therefore it deserved a specific reply. “Er… oh that… well, I got sommat stuck in it. And then…” Mason’s orange eyes shadowed over although he was determined to keep looking at his father as he admitted: “Zaria bit it out. An’  then I shouted at her cos she hurt me so much when she did it. An’ then she bit me again on my bum.” The last bit came out all in a rush, in true teen-style. He wasn’t admitting any fault here unless it was absolutely impossible to deny.
Messages In This Thread
The ripple effect - by Mason - January 08, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by FitzDutiful - January 08, 2016, 12:56 PM
RE: The ripple effect - by Mason - January 11, 2016, 06:31 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by FitzDutiful - January 13, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: The ripple effect - by Mason - January 14, 2016, 03:19 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by FitzDutiful - January 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by Mason - January 17, 2016, 03:39 PM
RE: The ripple effect - by FitzDutiful - January 19, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The ripple effect - by Mason - January 20, 2016, 07:10 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by FitzDutiful - January 27, 2016, 03:45 AM
RE: The ripple effect - by Mason - January 28, 2016, 07:21 AM