Sleeping Dragon of all the things i left behind, i miss my heart the most
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
“I know,” Gyda responded to Thurin's observation. It was for that very reason that Gyda had wanted Stavanger Bay in the first place. It was where her father had built a home and it was where his corporeal body had been lain to rest though he feasted and trained alongside Oðinn and Freyja and her Valkyries now. She was desperate for anything to have to hold onto Ragnar, not quite coming to the terms that her memories locked away in her heart was all she would need. For now, this is not enough for her, for now she strives for anything because she would have given anything to have him back even if for an hour. It is impossible and it is something that she understood; still she wished.

“Then why don't we claim this, then?” Gyda inquired with a cant of her head. She had once envisioned claiming Ravensblood (for it was significant to Ragnar) but for the same reason she could not claim Stavanger Bay an issue had presented itself there, too. The pack that Krypton hailed from was close to touching (if not touching) some of it's borders. Though there was a towering peak between them it was too close and Gyda knew her territorial behavior wasn't content with that. Thurin was right even if Gyda was a bit reluctant to admit it. They needed a fresh start — a place away from other packs where her territorial tendencies would not cause issue with neighbors. “Unless you want to shop around.” For now, her heart had been left in the Bay at the roots of the ash tree her father was buried beneath, and perhaps a part of her would always wish to return.

Still she turned her attention to the proverbial horizon and to the future and home that Thurin and her would build together be it here on this mountain or to a different territory.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread