Thunder Dome I simply wander around you
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
These lands were almost as fair as the one who would claim them. Asterr had explained to him that this mountain was known as Thunder Dome, a dormant volcano nestled among the Sunspire Mountains, which in themselves were a part of the Teekon Wilds. In retrospect, it was strange to think he had been wandering a region for days that secretly had a name and a vast population of inhabitants, albeit spread out over countless miles. It was like there was a whole world here in Teekon — and for some reason, Thunder Dome felt like a sanctuary. A place where he might finally begin to overcome the terrible, instinctive aggression that ran through his veins.

But he couldn't do it alone. Noctura did not trust himself to encounter others in the pack without the guidance of young Asterr, so he had pointedly avoided all others for the duration of his stay so far. It wasn't difficult, for it transpired this was a pack still in the early stages of its founding, and only a few fresh scents could be found in the area. And there was plenty to distract him from thoughts of Asterr, who he found almost painfully lovely and who he feared he might accidentally hurt some day.

This distraction came in the form of the landscape. Great ridges and jagged plateaus. Turrets of stone and skeletal trees that balanced precariously on the edge of them. Wild clouds above, and blankets of heather that looked as though they'd been singed by lightning. This territory was magical in a wild, primal manner. It actually reminded him of himself, but Noctura thought it'd be arrogant to admit it, so he kept that quiet.

He turned even before she spoke. Graceful and dark, Asterr was a shadow in the daytime, and such was her petiteness she appeared almost to flutter in the breeze. Yes, thank you, he replied. It was rare that he'd smile, but he did now, and it was faint and dashing upon his sable face. Much like at the tail-end of their previous meeting, Noctura was unaware that his posture had naturally changed in her presence. It was not a distinct change, but anyone looking at them would know which of the two was Alpha.

I've been exploring this beautiful land of yours. The mountain is spectacular. I came across several clues that parts of it are hollow, but I haven't yet found any entrance to caverns.
Messages In This Thread
I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 21, 2016, 07:11 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Noctura - January 21, 2016, 10:00 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 21, 2016, 11:10 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Noctura - January 21, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 21, 2016, 01:11 PM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Noctura - January 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 22, 2016, 12:48 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Noctura - January 22, 2016, 04:37 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 22, 2016, 09:04 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Noctura - January 22, 2016, 10:28 AM
RE: I simply wander around you - by Asterr - January 22, 2016, 11:07 AM