Silvertip Mountain So take your fast car and keep on driving
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason watched them emerge together, one unit. He kept his face as strong as he could, emotionless. Well, not emotionless, but he tried to keep the twinge of feelings out. Zaria and he had been up and down lately the say the least. At least he and Dad were good. As for Steady... Mason quietly wondered and was quite upset that in the time he had taken to think through the Beta decision, Sted had simply taken the gauntlet. Did they ask Steady if he wanted Mason to be Beta with him? Because they sure didn't ask Mason the other way around.

Mason shifted uncomfortably when a strange scent washed over him. His confidence was shrinking around him like cling-film. Dad positioned himself at an obtuse angle, almost as though he was stopping Zaria from launching herself at his son. Zaria looked grumpy, but not that pissed off. Hmm.

Mason tried to keep his head and when Dad spoke, he smiled again, and shrugged off the discomfort. "Okay, I decided I am sure I do want to be a Beta, if you still want me." Mason looked from his father to his step-mother, ensuring he included her. He had grown up a lot in the past month, and he was trying his hardest to let by-gones be by-gones like Steady had suggested.

"But first I would like to ask why you made Steady a Beta. Was that because I took time to think?" Mason seated himself, asking them in a forthright manner as he was wont to do with his father. No beating around the bush was required. Mason had heard some of it from Steady but he wanted to hear it from them. If they wanted him as a leader, they needed to treat him as one and explain some of the rationale behind their decisions. His expression was not one of hurt, merely a combination of soft confusion and eagerness to understand.
Messages In This Thread
So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - January 23, 2016, 05:57 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - January 23, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - January 23, 2016, 05:34 PM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - January 24, 2016, 07:44 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - February 01, 2016, 07:26 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - February 01, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - February 17, 2016, 07:40 PM