Thunder Dome the way in
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There had been few times thus far in which she'd actually caught onto the disadvantage she'd put many of her members at, and all because she'd decided to settle atop that particular peak. Her ability to navigate it well, to practically dance from ridge to ridge, had appealed to her about as much as the Dragon King's presence had, though perhaps she should have taken into consideration the others. Frostrar alone, who'd joined her very early on, should have been enough to steer her attraction towards a more easily traversed territories, however she knew she could not change her mind now. A pact had been made with the volcano's spiritual inhabitant, and she would sooner die than go back on her word after it'd been given to a deity, of all people. Besides, she felt confident in her tribe members, certain they could each overcome any obstacles thrown their way.

When a silence had settled between them, Asterr had focused all of her attention on seeking out possible points of entry. There were few that had stood out so far, which she'd expected, and was soon left wondering just how high their chances of finding a suitable opening were. Before she could delve entirely into her own thoughts and calculations, the male had spoken, ending the period of silence between them. His questions were to be expected, for she'd shared with him previously her reasoning for deciding upon their location. No doubt he was curious, as was shown through his inquiries.

"You are allowed to ask me anything that might be on your mind at any time, personal or not," she voiced, disclosing that which she assumed might have already been known. At times, there would be things that she wouldn't, or couldn't, share, but that didn't mean she'd ever prevent it from being presented. "The tribe I was born into is centered around dragons. The belief of them and their power, everything that they are capable of, we are brought up learning of it all." A faint smile could be easily detected within her features, as she was, without a doubt, comfortable speaking of her birthplace. "There is one dragon in particular, Draco, who is most revered within the tribe. They say a pact was made between him and an ancestor of my family lifetimes ago, and due to that he watches over every last one of us. Because of that pact, however, he is always choosing a vessel for himself from the women of my family—the firstborns, to be exact.

"Of my generation, I was not only the first child to enter the world, but also the first female." She glanced to the male for a brief moment, looking to gauge his reaction, before returning to her words and the placement of her paws. "I have had a connection to Draco since birth, and so it had been crucial that I learn of everything capable of being offered to me, everything the elders had to give. If it had not been for that, I fear I may never have learned of the Dragon King, and certainly would never have met him." What would have happened then? Would they have settled elsewhere—or better yet, would she have ever even left her place of birth? "Though I had learned of him and many others, I had never imagined I would be given the chance to speak with him." There she stopped, letting her words be taken in and interpreted in any which way.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
the way in - by Noctura - January 26, 2016, 08:23 AM
RE: the way in - by Asterr - January 27, 2016, 12:23 AM
RE: the way in - by Noctura - January 27, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: the way in - by Asterr - January 29, 2016, 02:28 AM
RE: the way in - by Noctura - January 29, 2016, 12:06 PM
RE: the way in - by Asterr - January 31, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: the way in - by Noctura - February 01, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: the way in - by Asterr - February 03, 2016, 12:49 AM