Porcupine Ridge We are here and now
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Jinx flicked her ears up when Vega retorted with a sarcasm that she could truly appreciate. Ordinarily, sarcasm directed at herself was dealt with defensively, but when it resembled patronization of her rivals at the same time, she could find enjoyment in it, as she did in the newbie handbook remark.

She was about to respond with an equal level of sarcasm, but was stopped by Vega's quiet revelation that something tragic had happened here. Perhaps a normal wolf would have felt sympathy for the Vale wolves despite their past disagreements, but Jinx felt something like relief instead. With an avalanche to deal with, maybe the Creek wouldn't have any more visits from the Vale wolves to look forward to. It was a definite bonus in Jinx's book if she never saw one of their kind again.

"Interesting," she mused in response to this new knowledge, with no intent of sharing it with anybody. Jinx knew her Alpha wouldn't raise the war flags to take out the enemy while they were down, so the knowledge would only serve to aid Xi'nuata and her wolves, and Jinx couldn't be doing that. Vega seemed rather hell-bent on getting out of the Vale, which was remarkably funny to the Beta and even brought a smile to her face if only because she cruelly wanted them to suffer, but it also brought relief. "Agreed. Mortal enemies can wait until you find others to run with that are not my own." A wry smile gave away the joke.

Her eyes were drawn then to the wound that Vega had previously been tending, which still seeped blood into the black fur on her shoulder. "Looks shitty," she commented, but since they weren't mortal enemies, she added a companionable, "I know a little herb-lore, could find something to help the bleeding. Or I could have my shaman look at it for you." Lecter had once despised visitors, but lately he had become more open to them, more willing to help them. She never considered it was his age.
Messages In This Thread
We are here and now - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 06:50 PM
RE: We are here and now - by Vega Kyran - April 07, 2014, 02:16 PM
RE: We are here and now - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 08:32 PM
RE: We are here and now - by Vega Kyran - April 15, 2014, 06:48 AM
RE: We are here and now - by Jinx - April 15, 2014, 11:05 PM