I know that goodbye means nothing at all
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
No need to match this length, I got carried away.

Even though it took some time for wolves to flock to her, she looked out across Kintla with a lazy grin on her face, whipping her tail back and forth in a clear display of her mood. It arched ever so slightly up, and its base was held rigid so that none could mistake her rank here, but formality had been put aside for the moment. She drew in a deep breath of the mountain air, pleased by the sheer difference in scent from the Creek's musty, humid smell. The wind was coming up from Neverwinter Forest, flavouring the air with the heady scent of evergreens.

Soon enough, the whistling of the air over the mountain's crags was interrupted by the steady sound of pads brushing over the ground. Jinx directed her vision to the left in time to see Sitri skulking up in his usual unusual way. She looked the dark demon-wolf over, approved of what she saw, and invited him nearer with a beckons of her snout. "Hello, Sitri," she greeted pleasantly, likely breaking the immersion in his imaginative game that she was a Demon Queen, but she didn't think about it. She hadn't yet told him that she wasn't actually a Demon Queen. It was a truth that she withheld from him, mostly so that he would continue stoking her ego by calling her his queen and following her every command. Admittedly, her commands were few.

If you see a female cloaked in dark red or a bloody black bastard missing an eye, kill them on sight. Fend off any who come too close to the borders, do not exchange words until they are well away. Those had been her only commands to her handful of followers. Speaking of which, another of them was cresting the plateau, a dark-furred female with the strangest collection of markings Jinx had ever seen, though that wasn't surprising since she hadn't seen many wolves who weren't solid black or solid white. Charcoal stripes cut wide swathes down the woman's ribcage, and her eyes were a haunting combination of electric blue and warm violet. She had a bone gripped firmly in her jaws, and Jinx decided not to try to take it for herself.

Jinx didn't know Tyrande like she did the other three Silvertip wolves, though, so the dark-furred woman wasn't entirely off the hook. As a result of this, the Alpha female greeted her newest follower in a very different fashion than she had Sitri: without a word she stepped up to the other wolf, penetrated whatever personal space she might have had, and roughly passed by her to rub her entire flank against the other woman's own. She rounded the female to repeat the motion on the other side, this time ducking her head to swipe her crown briefly beneath the other's chin. Despite the oddly affectionate appearance of it, what Jinx was really doing was adding her scent to the female's own, marking her as a wolf of the mountain.

Without further ado, she took back her place in front of the cave and glanced between the two who had arrived. "I seek a place to call ours communally. A place where we may rest, and gather, as a community. This cave seems extensive and appears to have entrances in several locations, which makes it promising. I mean to explore it in-depth, and would like your help in doing so, if you would still like to accompany me." There was, of course, the option to leave, but with Jinx there was never really an option. There was the right answer and there was the wrong one.
Messages In This Thread
I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 14, 2014, 10:14 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 15, 2014, 04:27 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 16, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 17, 2014, 07:16 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 18, 2014, 12:36 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 19, 2014, 04:22 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 20, 2014, 06:04 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 21, 2014, 04:59 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 22, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 23, 2014, 12:30 PM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Jinx - April 29, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: I know that goodbye means nothing at all - by Sitri - April 30, 2014, 11:42 AM