Gyrfalcon's Keep fossil fire
56 Posts
Ooc — Java
All good! (Run Tiarnan run! She's gonna eaaaat youuuu.)

An awkwardly hanging branch creased the fur of his head and tugged upon his scruff, collecting a thin tangle of dark hairs against it's moss and cracked bark. The boy pressed on a few more feet, feeling a bit more at ease once he was within the confines of the forest. Paws creased the soft mixture of soil and debris, and he began to climb over a series of fallen logs and various rotting surfaces. The boy slipped on some moss and began to stumble, catching at the bark with his rear claws and steadying himself - but this did not last long at all. For a great beast had woken with the dawn. It came crashing through the foliage with barely any warning, spooking Tiarnan backwards.

His first thought was plateau and he was made more nervous when the heavy scent of rock and pine struck him; they were similar scents to the plateau wolves due to their similar habitat. The sight of the massive creature caught him off guard the most - at first he imagined it to be a giant from his father's pantheon, a Jötun or one of their goliath children. He saw a flash of white and heard the rumbling thunder of her voice, striking terror within him. If it was a plateau wolf he would know to avoid the mountains -- all of the mountains - and keep to the trees as he was naturally inclined to. The stranger's words were curt and hostile, but Tiarnan did not know that they were particularly insulting; he heard them and bowed down, grovelling in the dirt with hopes that it would calm the raging God.

"Déithe dheonú dom a chosaint," The boy spewed forth the liturgy which had been taught to him, butchering it somewhat in the process, but he had never truly known the protective prayers that well; it was this moment that made him realize how desperate he was in his loneliness, and how out-of-place he was within these wilds. "Agus i gcosaint, neart. I neart ... I-I neart, tuiscint," He swallowed dryly as he recite the words, muddying them with his nerves and yet gaining resolve. The boy raised his head and stood as tall as he could, defiant against the stranger who had come upon him. Unable to remember the rest of the Druidic prayer, Tiarnan grew quiet - his jaw clenching as he watched her.

Messages In This Thread
fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 17, 2014, 03:27 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Jinx - April 17, 2014, 05:06 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 17, 2014, 05:36 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Jinx - April 17, 2014, 05:54 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 17, 2014, 06:39 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Jinx - April 18, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 18, 2014, 11:18 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Jinx - April 20, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 20, 2014, 10:12 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Jinx - April 22, 2014, 03:01 PM
RE: fossil fire - by Tiarnán - April 23, 2014, 01:23 AM