Whitefish River i only wake up from a nightmare after i die
lost 'neath convoluted oceans
120 Posts
Ooc —
Teekon. He referred to the region, and it was the first time she was hearing its name; Diane would not soon forget this, perhaps remembering it from that day on. She found herself interested in where he had come from, the things he knew, the places he had seen, but the "golden flash" was not fully herself. She was a mere haunting of her former light, the shadow of loveliness—desperately searching for herself, but unable to find the girl beneath all the crushing water.

Water. An imaginary shiver traveled down her spine, and she smiled dolefully at Magnus, not realizing he'd just made a joke. "Wuddles?" she repeated thoughtlessly, musing over the word as her stream of consciousness finally realigned, and she understood at long last what he'd been talking about. Diane snorted lightly. "I'd rather visit a hot spring than a wuddle," she noted, teeth glinting in smile that rebelled against her current mood. It was boisterous—a ghost of happiness. "Wouldn't you, Magnus?"

After chatting a while longer, Diane forgot about her fear of being taken back to the sea, and bid the friendly Magnus a farewell and a thank you (though he would never understand what she was thanking him for).

Don't worry about it at all! :> Edit: Throwing in an ending.
Messages In This Thread
i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 05, 2016, 06:10 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Magnus - February 06, 2016, 06:06 AM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 06, 2016, 01:38 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Magnus - February 06, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 06, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Magnus - February 06, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 06, 2016, 10:06 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Magnus - February 12, 2016, 01:52 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 13, 2016, 02:45 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Magnus - February 15, 2016, 01:53 PM
RE: i only wake up from a nightmare after i die - by Diane - February 17, 2016, 07:37 PM