Blacktail Deer Plateau i shot down the sun with bow and flame
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
As Peregrine ranted about their brother's departure, a troubling thought struck Atticus. What if Crete hadn't left? It truly wasn't like their brother to just vanish without a word, especially if Peregrine had made it clear that he would hold no grudges if Crete chose to return home. It was truly a baffling situation, and because of all the possible answers, Atticus found it difficult to be truly angry with his mute littermate. Irate, yes. A little insulted, yes. But pissed? Not really. Not until he knew why.

Peregine quickly diverted their discussion to the puppies -- a far more enjoyable topic of conversation indeed. As he followed his brother into the den, he felt a moment of discomfort as the darkness closed in around him and the walls pressed upon him. He did not like closed-in spaces, and truly did not understand how some wolves could sleep in dens all year long. Pushing all of that aside, he focused on the lumpy pile of fuzz as his eyes adjusted to the dimness. "They're so cute," he commented with a grin as his brother explained their names to him. He'd heard the news of Pied's death and had mourned her in his own quiet way. He hadn't been super-close with the oddly-marked she-wolf, but she'd still been family and he'd known her since his own childhood. That she was gone now was just…strange. There were too many deaths for him to process right now. Pied's, his mother's, Tyrannus's…

He lay down near the pups, prodding them gently with his nose and enjoying the sweet, soft scent of them and the tiny sounds they made in their sleep. Fatherhood had been dropped into his lap out of the blue and the entire thing scared the crap out of him, but he thought that if he had the opportunity to experience all of it -- like this -- he'd actually really like it. He still needed to explain all of that to Peregrine too. But…one thorny subject at a time. "Perry," his voice was almost involuntarily hushed and soft. "What if Crete didn't leave? Have you considered the possibility that he might be hurt somewhere? It's just…not like him at all to leave without a word."
Messages In This Thread
i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 11, 2014, 11:52 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 12, 2014, 01:00 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 18, 2014, 12:10 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 18, 2014, 01:05 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 18, 2014, 09:27 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 23, 2014, 02:38 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 23, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 24, 2014, 02:05 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
RE: i shot down the sun with bow and flame - by Atticus - April 26, 2014, 12:34 AM