Porcupine Ridge authentic battle damage
lost 'neath convoluted oceans
120 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
Diane watched the darkening of Taggarik's face, fascinated and frightened by the depth his expression took and by how stormy his argent eyes had become. His entire body tensed, and there was a dark void where her leader had been moments ago. He spoke openly, putting reason behind the anger that had culminated within him, but suddenly Diane had picked up her head and she was laughing. "You're angry because your hospitality was abused?"

Her giggling subsided, the features of her face sobering to something softer. "Well I hope that doesn't stop you from being nice like that again," she smiled, inclining her muzzle to nudge his forepaw gently; the only part of him near enough to touch. "Neighbors aren't a bad thing. In fact -- well, not fact -- but I think things could have been different if we'd shared both peaks. There's plenty of land, and food sources all over... We could've been one giant pack."

A naive concept, but it was the way Diane thought. There had to be a way to take care of everyone, and not just their own. Weren't all wolves "their own"? "Besides... If you stopped showing such courtesy the, well then, you wouldn't be able to save lives anymore. Like mine..." She had never mentioned how she felt about his graciousness that day, but it clearly meant a lot to her. 

"You saved my life. I.. I wanted to die under that tree, and then you just came out of nowhere and offered me a home. I'm indebted to you, Tagg, and I can't imagine you being different from the wolf with such good faith that he would allow chances like that despite the risk..." Her demure smile turned impish. "I could've been a mass murderer for all you knew. I might still be." Her teeth glinted in the half light.
Messages In This Thread
authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 15, 2016, 02:29 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Diane - February 17, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 19, 2016, 09:16 AM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Diane - February 19, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 19, 2016, 02:42 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Diane - February 19, 2016, 03:45 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 19, 2016, 06:05 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Diane - February 19, 2016, 08:39 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 20, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Diane - February 24, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE: authentic battle damage - by Taggarik - February 24, 2016, 02:57 PM