Swiftcurrent Creek flume
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
The hold was brief, but it was enough to bring Njal back to himself. He wasn't entirely aware of what had happened on his return - only that he saw Tuwawi, and now she was gone. Perhaps he had forgotten. The thought of his memory deteriorating made him nervous, but it too was sloughed off; placed in the corner of his mind in order for the warden to focus properly upon Fox. She released him and he assumed a calmly submissive state, barely raising to his own achieved rank. The leader questioned him and he rumbled a soft assurance, nodding a little.

"I was brief. Peregrine does well to patrol his lands." Njal stated as he gathered his thoughts, remembering that the swarthy male had not been too kind about Fox's ascent to leadership - and he was quiet for a moment, unsure if he should quote the boy word-for-word. "When I told him of your new position, he said, 'I don't give a fuck'," As the quote rolled off of his tongue, the phrase felt quite odd. It lilted with his accent but was void of emotion. The man watched Fox for a display of reaction, and then continued - not wanting her mood to sour too much. "He believes..." Oh, but was this really something he should share? His voice halted and the man's gaze strayed from Fox's shoulders down to the ground, feeling odd as he conveyed the messages. It felt like he was spreading rumour and gossip, which was something he had never done before.

"He said that you are going to be a terrible leader. And warns that if you mark their borders again, you will be dead meat," His voice rumbled once more, enunciating the words that Peregrine had used in order to get them right - he wanted to do a good job, but was also a bit nervous about angering their little fireball of a leader. "Oh," Right, there was the other bit of information - the children. "The plateau has four new lives to protect as well. Most likely Peregrine's children. I wished him well on our behalf." It was a neighbourly thing to do, but Njal now doubted that choice, given the animus that Peregrine had shown him during the encounter.

Messages In This Thread
flume - by RIP Fox - April 08, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: flume - by RIP Njal - April 09, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Fox - April 11, 2014, 02:52 AM
RE: flume - by RIP Njal - April 11, 2014, 11:19 AM
RE: flume - by RIP Fox - April 12, 2014, 11:30 AM
RE: flume - by RIP Njal - April 13, 2014, 10:55 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Fox - April 14, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Njal - April 14, 2014, 09:55 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Fox - April 18, 2014, 04:44 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Njal - April 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
RE: flume - by RIP Fox - April 19, 2014, 03:29 PM