Gyrfalcon's Keep a great spirit lies in wait
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Her identification of him as a creek wolf was liberating, in a way. It proved to Njal that his ilk were a strong group; something to be wary of, or at least aware of. When she uttered the name of his home territory, Njal lifted his head and turned to regard her - plain and calm, confident. Her further answers were met with a small smile, for he wished to be friendly and amiable. He hadn't considered how off-putting such a question would be to a wanderer - many had asked him similar things when he was but a vagrant, and Njal had been happy for the attention. Not everyone was like him though. It was entirely possible that the northerner was being invasive, alienating a potential ally - or a recruit. The thought made his ears twitch.

"You know of us, that is good." Njal commented lightly, as he descended from the ledge. He fought the urge to nose around in the soil and continue his exploration, settling in to a seated position near the dark figure. "You seem able bodied. Survival is difficult for many, and you are succeeding, but," his head tilted slightly, thoughtful. "If you ever have a need, I am sure my family could help you; although, spring is coming." A new expression trailed across his rugged face, something akin to glee, but contained. "I am sure it will be easier for you than the winter."

With that said, Njal shifted back to his paws. He began to tread along an uneven trail which wound nearer to her, but also down and away from the mountain. His going was slow in case she had more to say, and as he reached another ledge Njal paused and turned to look at her again; tracing her dark face amongst the rocks. "I wish you well, stranger."

Messages In This Thread
a great spirit lies in wait - by Amekaze - April 06, 2014, 01:32 AM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by RIP Njal - April 07, 2014, 01:10 PM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by Amekaze - April 07, 2014, 09:18 PM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by RIP Njal - April 08, 2014, 09:50 PM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by Amekaze - April 13, 2014, 01:05 AM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by RIP Njal - April 14, 2014, 02:51 PM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by Amekaze - April 18, 2014, 12:20 AM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by RIP Njal - April 19, 2014, 06:13 PM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by Amekaze - April 22, 2014, 01:52 AM
RE: a great spirit lies in wait - by RIP Njal - April 23, 2014, 05:09 PM