The Sentinels as we walked i heard the laughter in the leaves
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
COME N FIND ME

much had happened, and much confused the babe about these happenings. but she had emaleth, and mother, and father, and big(ger) sister and big brother, too. there was a strangeness to the world she was noting, but none had done her the favor of explaining what this was in thanks to. it altered her personage; she was quieter for it, which seemed like an impossible feat given the shy quietude that seemed to possess her. with emaleth she spoke quietly, and to mother and father, too. sometimes she would speak with her siblings, but others she was not truly introduced to, yet. she believed aria to be eilidh, and any other had never spoken with her at length... though that they would be permitted to seemed unlikely, unless they had proved they were wolves to be trusted. 

quiet and shy though she was, within the whelping den deirdre heard a song. she still had difficulty in translating them, and putting true meaning into her own. that would come in time. but whenever she heard a song, she was inspired to sing back. it had no lyrics, no words. it was only a small melody that lasted as long as her lungs would permit, and then when they filled again, she would sing once more. deirdre did not know who she sang to, only that someone was singing, and that she loved their voice, strange though it was. hers was the cry of a confounded child, and all the woods sang with her as she lent her voice to his song.
Messages In This Thread
RE: as we walked i heard the laughter in the leaves - by Deirdre - February 25, 2016, 02:07 PM