Sunbeam Lair It feels good today
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
If only she had been born a reader of minds, the girl surely would have been left with a rather warm face and heated ears. She'd never considered anything beyond her outward appearance being taken into account when complimented, as she'd never been near to someone like Noctura. In her place of birth, various magics had been acknowledged and even practiced, but to compliment someone for such had never been a common occurrence. It simply was what it was, there was no need to inflate the egos of young wolves that possessed within them a great deal of power. Even she, the dragon's keeper, had never been bestowed a compliment for her gift whilst growing up. Words of encouragement, jealous rants over how lucky she was, and several more, but never a compliment. Thus, she was left unable to see beneath the surface of his words, despite however wise she'd been brought up to be.

Nevertheless, with his meaning being unknown to her, it was offered no attention. What had acquired a great deal of her focus, however, was his agreement to her offer. She'd responded with a gentle swaying of her tail, glad to have him at her side during a time of exploration once more. It was pleasant, really, to have him so near, but for why she was unaware. Never before had young Asterr dabbled in what it meant to develop affectionate feelings for another, as her days had been filled with lessons and her childhood taken away. Never did she complain, of course, but perhaps being left to develop small, one-sided crushes on those older than herself back then could have prepared her for what she was currently going through. Ah, but that was in the past, and could not be changed. The girl was left to figure it all out on her own, and thus far had done a fairly moderate job; she'd recognized that there was a bond between them, but could relate it only to being a product of their mutual loyalty towards one another.

As they began to walk, she grew excited. Even if their trek was uneventful, she would still have gotten something out of it, as she would have spent a great while with the man. "I am confident that this will be our final home," the yearling voiced, offering him a brief glance before looking back to the path ahead of them. "I do not like war, but I will not allow for us to be driven out of this place. I do not believe we have any neighbours this time, but it is impossible to say that we never will again." To move again was, without a doubt, out of the question. "Even if we acquire some in the future, I would like for you to know that I will not let us be chased away so easily for a second time—I will not let you all down." Even as she spoke of such unfortunate things, never did a smile fall from her lips.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
It feels good today - by Asterr - February 24, 2016, 12:31 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 24, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - February 25, 2016, 12:42 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 25, 2016, 06:24 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - February 26, 2016, 01:14 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 29, 2016, 08:39 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - March 02, 2016, 12:43 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - March 02, 2016, 03:41 PM