Silvertip Mountain [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady sat back on his haunches, listening intently to this new, and possibly dangerous, change. Wolf packs were not generally apt to allow another pack to share borders, and Steady was surprised any Alpha would think it would be all hunky-dory if they moved in next door without so much as a "how do you do".

His protective instincts wanted to march right over and run them off, but he understood that diplomacy was needed. He supposed he shouldn't have been, but he was surprised at Zaria's change in behavior. He would have thought she would have been one of the firsts to run off the neighboring pack. But, he understood that care needed to be taken because she was pregnant.

He continued to listen as other pack mates spoke up, speaking their opinions on the situation. Steady took his time to form his own, making sure he was thinking clearly and not just acting on his first impulse. He looked from each wolf to the next. Many weren't in any position to really attack- which wasn't a negative thing. They were caregivers, healers, chroniclers... Not fighters. This was a peaceful pack, and they were not ready for a war.

Still, even peaceful packs needed to be ready to defend themselves. I do agree that starting a fight right off the bat may not be the best option... However, being a Mercenary, I do think we should all be prepared in case peace doesn't work. I will teach whoever wants to learn, he offered. They obviously wanted peace to work, but Steady wanted to be ready in case it didn't.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
[Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by FitzDutiful - February 20, 2016, 04:13 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by RIP Krypton - February 20, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Zaria - February 20, 2016, 12:24 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Alastor - February 20, 2016, 02:35 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Chaska - February 20, 2016, 02:46 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Mason - February 20, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Gracious - February 21, 2016, 01:23 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Steady - February 21, 2016, 04:28 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by FitzDutiful - February 22, 2016, 01:51 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Zaria - February 22, 2016, 03:26 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by RIP Krypton - February 22, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Mason - February 24, 2016, 04:26 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Chaska - February 24, 2016, 04:32 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Gracious - February 26, 2016, 10:17 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Steady - February 27, 2016, 09:49 AM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Steady - March 21, 2016, 06:43 PM
RE: [Meeting] Raise our pitchforks together - by Chaska - March 22, 2016, 04:04 PM