We are one
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I'm a slowpoke too. Sorry guize. Lots going on for me right now! :)

Truthfully, Verrine hadn't really cared for the idea of joining another pack when the subject had been brought up for discussion among their group. Were they not already their own pack? Though they had no clearly defined leader -- despite the fact that Verrine himself assumed that role, though his authority was more in a decision-making context and that of being responsible for the others' safety than it was a matter of hierarchy -- he felt that they were strong on their own and had sustained themselves quite well under the circumstances. He wasn't eager to subject himself or any of the others to the rigors of assimilating into a new pack, and he certainly wasn't enthusiastic about bowing his head in deference to another. His time as leader of their vagabond pack had built up a subtle confidence in him that he had not possessed before. He felt in his heart that he, along with the help of Barristan and all of the others, could ensure their survival and happiness without the help of anyone else in these lands.

But the others weren't so sure. Perhaps it was the security of a large pack that drew the others to seek these "Dragonwatchers" they spoke of. Verrine had been slow to agree, and even now was uncertain. But he said nothing of it. As they made their way north, he remained close by Julooke and Yildun. He cared a great deal for each individual member of their group, but it was these two for whom he cared the greatest. He would guard them both with his life and, though no one spoke of it, he shared the same concerns about the possibility of Yildun being refused entrance into this pack on account of his blindness. If that came to be the case, Verrine would remain with Yildun. His loyalty to his Draak's family ran deeper than his desire to join some pack he had never heard of.

As the scent of wolves began to grow stronger on the wind, things happened relatively quickly; Julooke turned her white muzzle to the sky and sounded forth a summoning howl, her bright, clear voice echoing out into the stillness around them with a lingering beauty that made Verrine's nape tingle and inspired in him the desire to join her song. He kept quiet, though, and a moment later, he heard a stranger's howl rise into the silence following Julooke's. It didn't take long for a pair of wolves to approach them, both draped in varying shades of pewter and white and carrying themselves with an unmistakable manner of authority. Clearly, they had found their Dragonwatchers. A terse inquiry was made of them, and Verrine noticed Barristan's glance in his direction. He gave a small nod, indicating that Barristan -- who, between the two of them, was by far the more eloquent one -- could speak. He nodded when Barristan finished his introduction, pleased with the tawny male's words, and looked at the silver-coated pair, wondering what would happen next. He remained protectively beside Julooke and Yildun, prepared to defend them if need be.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
We are one - by Julooke - August 07, 2013, 02:35 PM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 07, 2013, 02:47 PM
RE: We are one - by Yildun - August 07, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: We are one - by Barristan - August 09, 2013, 11:45 AM
RE: We are one - by Verrine - August 12, 2013, 01:03 AM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 14, 2013, 01:39 PM