Horizon Ridge Can't hide the truth
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar understood that miscarriages like Dagmar’s were not common, and further understood that most births went off without a hitch but he also knew that on the flip side of that things could happen. If something were to go wrong - not that he was determined that anything would, these children were blessed by Odinn after all - he wondered if Thistle’s medical knowledge would be of any help to her because he knew that in hindsight he would be of no help. He should have, Gods above knew that he had enough wives in his short span of life thus far, but only Dagmar had been old enough when he had been old enough and that had been a cursed pregnancy from the start. Things were inherently different this time, here, with Thistle, Ragnar felt it in the marrow of his bones. Odinn had brought him here to make Vikings and rise a Viking pack within these posh summer lands - of course Ragnar had not thought that the Allfather had meant make babes, the devout Jarl had thought simply he meant by conversion. Of course, that was possibly what the Allfather had meant too but the fresh, impressionable minds of their children would be more suspectable to accepting his ways then someone who had lived differently.

He planned on converting Thistle, too, having already, briefly, discussed it with her assuring her that as long as she respected his Gods that they would not require devotion from her, that she would be welcomed as a Viking so long as she respected them.

Thinking about her giving birth made Ragnar wish desperately for Floki’s presence, knowing that Floki would have been invaluable, and would have been able to assist him in teaching the babes and Thistle their ways. It had been easy to teach Týr their ways because the boy had lost his memory during the struggle when they had captured him. Floki had healed him and had begun weaving the grand lie of a story that he was Ragnar’s son. The boy had been young enough that it was a belivable enough lie though Ragnar had never given his age because it hadn’t mattered. Thinking about his son located up north reminded Ragnar that he had never spoken of Týr to Thistle. It wasn’t as if Ragnar forgot about him, no his affection for his stolen adopted son had not diminished in the promise of new sons but he had never, prior to his mateship to Thistle, thought to inform her.

“You are strong too, shield maiden,” He murmured to Thistle, bestowing one of her many titles upon her in a gentle manner. She might not have been a warrior like shield maidens were supposed to be, but she was just as strong as any of them. Idly, Ragnar wondered how much detail he wanted to go into in regards to Týr before deciding that she already knew of his ways that likely the boy’s capture would (he hoped) come of no surprise to her.

“I have not told you yet but they have an older brother, his name is Týr,” Ragnar began letting his gaze rest upon Thistle’s even though she was his superior in the terms of rank. Right now, their ranks were irrelevant - this was a conversation between husband and wife not a superior and subordinate. “He resides up north in Swiftcurrent Creek. He is one of the young wolves I told you about…one of the reasons I stole my brother’s name as a monkier,” Ragnar informed her, watching her reaction. “He is not of my loins, we found him during a raid and he sustained injuries to his head during the capturing process. Floki nursed him back to health and together we weaved the story that he is my son. He knows no different and though he was intended to be a slave until he was injured, I am affectionate towards him. He is my son, just as our sons are. Someday I will take you up North so you can meet him, if you want.” It was only slightly awkward to Ragnar who was not entirely confident how Thistle would take the knowledge that they had captured a teenager and furthermore lied to him until he believed that he was a Viking and Ragnar’s son. "I should have told you sooner but for now I am letting him find his path upon his own." It was not a well rounded excuse, admittedly, but it was the truth. Ragnar had not intended to intrude upon Sveinn's life here in the Teekon Wilds knowing that the boy needed to find his own way to Odinn or Fenrir or Thor - whichever God he chose to follow, and because he had not wanted to potentially upset Thistle with the knowledge.

Messages In This Thread
Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 18, 2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Ragnar - April 22, 2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 22, 2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Ragnar - April 22, 2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 22, 2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Ragnar - April 23, 2014, 06:51 AM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Ragnar - April 23, 2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 23, 2014, 01:49 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Ragnar - April 23, 2014, 03:14 PM
RE: Can't hide the truth - by Thistle Cloud - April 23, 2014, 03:25 PM