wrath of the northmen
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Thistle’s words mirrored Ragnar’s own alternate thoughts: that maybe he had misunderstood in his irritation and the new girl’s lack of respect towards him despite that he was the superior in that situation. He had already had a place within the pack, and she was the one who was there looking for a home. Ragnar’s point was that she was asking a favor of him, indirect as it was, and sarcasm and disrespect would gain her no friends with the Viking. Ragnar would undoubtly make the girl’s life a living hell until she realized that he was her superior and he should be treated like such. He would push her to her boundries and then past it until he broke her. It was a cruel way of settling his problems and while Ragnar could be a diplomat he was also ruthless. Clever enough to be both without letting on that he was about to pull the rug out from under another.

Pump appeared, a black smudge approaching the couple, calling herself a ‘backstabbing evil bitch’, and for a moment Ragnar merely stared at her. Seeing her, and watching the way she handled walking into their conversation made him realize that he still respected her even if his trust was a shattered thing that wanted to mend but could not by his own deigns. “I did not call you evil or a bitch,” He told her after his moments pause, because even though he felt like she had in a sense backstabbed him (not to mention his discontent upon her decisions regarding his and Thistle’s pups) he did not hate her. Did not even, dislike her, neither did he think she was evil. In a way, he understood her harsh views on things because they reminded him of his own, ruthless ways.

“I don’t hate you Pump,” He started with slowly as he gathered his thoughts and attempted to shoo his anger at her, and frankly at the entire trangression away. “I still respect you but I don’t agree with the ease in which you left Diluculo join the ranks, especially after she disrespected me from the get-go,” He was frustrated and even so still hurt. “I feel that it should not have gotten as far as it did before you reprimanded her for it. I am your Warden and until you arrive I am the superior when greeting wolves at the borders. I do not know where she comes from but to disrespect a Warden isn’t accepted where I come from. In fact she would have likely been killed, but it doesn’t matter because this isn’t Odinn’s Cove, I know that.” He took a deep breath then. “I feel like in a way you betrayed me, that you didn’t have my back until it got too ridiculous,” Ragnar told her calmly before adding with a leveled look. “For as long as my rank is above hers I will not accept her talking down to me as if she has any right. The domiance of our hierarchy is clear. Even Thistle and I are not true equals.” He warned Pump because he took the hierarchy seriously.

And if they were going to play fast and loose with it he would leave and start his own pack.

“I know you did speak up for me and I appriciate that but it should not have gotten that far.” And with that the Viking fell silent, waiting for Thistle, or Pump - or whomever intended to speak at that point - to speak up.

Messages In This Thread
wrath of the northmen - by Ragnar - April 22, 2014, 01:16 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Thistle Cloud - April 22, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Ragnar - April 22, 2014, 02:25 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Thistle Cloud - April 22, 2014, 02:47 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Ragnar - April 22, 2014, 03:22 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Thistle Cloud - April 22, 2014, 03:42 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Pump - April 23, 2014, 01:59 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Ragnar - April 23, 2014, 02:30 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Thistle Cloud - April 23, 2014, 02:44 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Pump - April 23, 2014, 03:16 PM
RE: wrath of the northmen - by Ragnar - April 23, 2014, 03:35 PM