Neverwinter Forest never relent
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe might have wilted at Charon's words, but she understood them on a different level. If it had happened to her, Eshe couldn't imagine how she'd feel... but certainly not okay. The question her mate posed was less for the sentimentality of it, she knew, and more for the literal answer. How bad was the damage? Just how deep did it run within her? And how was Floki holding up, with all this? But these were questions she'd ask Charon when they went to explore the location; she knew the matter was personal, certainly for Charon, as well. To know she was safe with Ame and Floki made her stomach cease in its flipping. Floki was undoubtedly a good man, and Wildfire was his beau... she was in good hands, all around, by looking at the face of it.

Scimitar seemed wary, and Goldhawk seemed ready, and Charon seemed willing. Eshe never thought she would see the day when she was the one to decide something such as this... but then, she really wasn't, was she? They were all in this together, united for one common cause. She knew Charon was on edge due to the entirety of what was going on, and didn't fault him. Looking at her mate, she knew he did not, either.

...maybe we have Goldhawk tell Goober its a top secret mission, too, and that... I need someone who... wouldn't reveal it, because its supposed to be a surprise. A total surprise. When he comes here, I'll tell 'im I need help setting up a secret date for me and you, but I didn't want to tell anyone about that much of it, only that you and I had something planned for the day he arrives so its not like he'll try and take advantage of me, and everyone knows the location, just not the reason you're expected there... Eshe wondered if that made sense, but felt that it did. That way, Goldhawk wouldn't need to lie himself at all, because the truth of it was that he was on a top secret mission, and he was doing it for Eshe as she had directly asked him.

When Scimitar also asked, Eshe glanced back to Goldhawk again. Her gaze fell to Charon and she licked her chops. We only know he headed toward the Maplewood. After that, I'm not sure where he might have gone... business up north, which must've been the Maplewood... he also mentioned he'd visit, but who knew when that would be? He took rainchecks on favors, and Eshe was calling it now. The problem was, where could he have gone?

Again her gaze panned to Goldhawk. He's brown in color, and about my size, but bigger, and he's got brown eyes, too. He was friendly towards me, and hopefully, knowing you're a friend and pack-mate of mine, will be towards you. Just be yourself. Tell him I need him urgently for the favor, and if he presses you for details, say... say... She tried to think of something that required a sense of urgency. You dunno, but your best guess is... puppies... with Scimitar... so something to do with him, too, but that only I required him for help.

She looked back and forth, now her eyes for Scimitar and Charon, licking her chops. Have you got any better ideas...? Eshe thought it might work. Heat, or impending heat, could bring that urgency. They could hammer out more details. Like Goldhawk hearing Eshe hum around the woods and pick flowers and talk to the birds about what the most romantic food was. 'Twitterpated'. It made sense in that way! All things she'd heard about from Deshyr, this twitterpated nonsense. Spring was here, so it added up. Eshe only played on the season, and felt that Charon and Scimitar and even Goldhawk could contribute to that plan if they would, or else alter it to something that could make more sense to them.
Messages In This Thread
never relent - by Charon - March 16, 2016, 07:39 AM
RE: never relent - by Eshe RIP - March 16, 2016, 12:17 PM
RE: never relent - by Charon - March 16, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: never relent - by Eshe RIP - March 16, 2016, 02:37 PM
RE: never relent - by Scimitar - March 16, 2016, 02:48 PM
RE: never relent - by Charon - March 16, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: never relent - by Eshe RIP - March 16, 2016, 03:34 PM
RE: never relent - by Charon - March 16, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: never relent - by Goldhawk - March 17, 2016, 05:40 AM
RE: never relent - by Scimitar - March 21, 2016, 07:29 AM
RE: never relent - by Eshe RIP - March 21, 2016, 09:33 AM