Larksong Grotto I know I would die if I could come back new
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
From the moment Tavi began examining her gift, Reek was all smiles. Brimming with pride and high spirits in the wake of his victory, Reek let go and allowed himself to fully bask in the moment. He hadn't felt this way in ages— not since he called the maplewood home; especially not since he had been forcibly ejected. What he had here, however, was a chance to start over - both him and Tavi - this opportunity was not one he would soon squander by dwelling on what he had lost.

Tavi's comments further stroked Reek's ego. Geese may have been mean spirited (Reek now knew this first hand), but he had only snagged one bird. Of course, he was proud of his accomplishment, but a single foul did not a goose-grabber make. However, beyond the pride he felt about snagging this kill, the fact that he had brought back a familiar spark within Tavi made him happiest. "I guess I'm moving up in the world," the bug-muncher replied, happily twisting his neck around as Tavi moved in and made contact.

Sporting a playful grin and shrugging shoulders, Reek thoughtfully continued, "Still, I liked being Bug-Muncher." The nickname's origin had been a happy memory, one Reek would always hold on to. He still didn't see himself as much of foul-fetcher; bug-muncher just fit his persona so much better, he thought.

"I wanna dig us a den," Reek said after a quick beat. "You know, so we won't have to share our space with the rocks anymore." Anything would certainly be more comfortable than the ridge they had taken residence in since coming to the territory. With everything coming together with the pack's claiming, it seemed to be simply the next step.  "Maybe I'll find us a better Morty too."
Messages In This Thread
I know I would die if I could come back new - by Reek - March 21, 2016, 11:33 AM
RE: I know I would die if I could come back new - by Reek - March 22, 2016, 05:15 PM