Otter Creek Sister, sister
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema's brows rose as her half-sister said she hadn't heard about the Void. Had Burke never talked about it to them? It was a good thing she insisted on coming back now instead of completing a half-year's worth of training like the others. Imagine, the children of Meldresi growing up without knowledge of the Void and Sithis? It was one thing to be an assassin. It was another to be a Dark Brotherhood assassin.

The Void...it's complicated. It's both a place and the embodiment of Sithis at the same time... But, let's think of it as a place for the sake of simplicity. She thought back to the debates the priests and witches would have at Hag Fen over this idea. With so many different wolves coming from different sects, conflicts on this would spark heated, sometimes violent, debates amidst the coven. Potema never involved herself in debates on that matter — why did it have to be one official thing anyway? The Void holds both the souls of Sithis' faithful and those whose lives were taken by the Dark Brotherhood. The former enjoy it as a paradise; the latter...some might call it hell for them. But, Mother's soul is there. And yes, through this, I can speak to her, since it belonged to her in life. She knows what Sithis says. She will tell me. Potema was certain that, if she followed the rules for the ritual, she would be able to contact Mother through the bone. The messages would be vague and the first experience would be frightening, she knew, but any chance to speak to mother again would be worth the risk.

Potema felt a glimmer of sadness at the thought that Meldresi's last two children would never know her. But it couldn't be helped, she thought. She could teach Kendra all she knew, for Meldresi's sake. Mother was enigmatic. One could never truly know what she was thinking. And yet, she held herself with regal dignity. She was calm, serene most of the time. But she was scary as hell when she got mad. Potema thought, remembered the few times her mother's mask of tranquility slipped. She was motherly too, not just to you and your brother, or me, Damien and Cicero. She advised everyone. She assessed the situation and gave good advice; she was a great teacher. She knew a lot more than I do, even now. I wish she taught me more. She murmured longingly, rolling the bone gently in her paw. That was her one true regret, the only thing that made her angry at Mother. Why didn't she teach me everything?!
Messages In This Thread
Sister, sister - by Potema - March 20, 2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Kendra - March 20, 2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Potema - March 20, 2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Kendra - March 21, 2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Potema - March 22, 2016, 11:23 AM
RE: Sister, sister - by Kendra - March 24, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Potema - March 24, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Kendra - March 24, 2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Potema - March 24, 2016, 04:43 PM
RE: Sister, sister - by Kendra - March 27, 2016, 06:21 AM
RE: Sister, sister - by Potema - March 27, 2016, 01:11 PM