Larksong Grotto tonight i'll be the libertine
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Her body felt flush, growing warmer and warmer as her nerves built and indecision reigned supreme. She shifted on the rock, but no spot was cool enough to remove the strangeness she felt. It took some thought, and Tavi watched Reek's face as he contemplated her various symptoms, gradually wishing he would just hurry up and spew out an answer; she raised her head - possibly to snap at him in that very regard - when he began to talk. The hitch in his voice made her pause, and her anger evaporated --- but as soon as Reek said the word pregnant, everything else did too.

Tavi lay there with her eyes boring lazy holes in to his face, glossing over a bit as she took the news and, for a moment, seemed to vacate her brain. That had always been a possibility, although she had not wanted to entertain it. Neither one of them really did, she could see it on Reek's face. Their relationship - this partnership, she corrected - had been an exploration of hedonism and nothing more. Yet more seemed to come of it at every turn. Tavi tried to swallow, but felt a dryness in her mouth. Maybe Reek was wrong? Maybe she should find a second opinion or, maybe she should wait and see? As her eyes re-focused, they seemed to plead with unspoken questions; 'are you sure?'  and 'what happens now?' fighting for the top spot on the list.

In the end she doesn't say a word, and just hoists herself up, dragging her feet as she heads for the door.
Messages In This Thread
tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 29, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by Reek - March 29, 2016, 03:20 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 29, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by Reek - March 29, 2016, 04:58 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 29, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by Reek - March 29, 2016, 05:19 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 29, 2016, 05:29 PM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by Reek - March 30, 2016, 12:27 AM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 12:44 AM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by Reek - March 30, 2016, 08:55 AM
RE: tonight i'll be the libertine - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 11:29 AM