Stavanger Bay Life's a little sideways
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr anticipated hostility from his twin and then felt the guilt that it was such a rude thing to accept. It didn't matter that Floki idolized Charon — at the end of the day Kjalarr knew his twin wasn't Charon and could not be held accountable or even in the same vein as the arrogant and childish alpha male of Moonspear. Kjalarr's breath caught in his throat, the strong column of his throat constricting briefly with anxiety as Floki turned towards him, bristled. Kjalarr did not return the defensive posture his twin had taken, instead keeping his own relaxed, at ease. He wasn't here to pick a fight. That wasn't what he wanted. He wasn't sure the damage he'd done to their already fragile relationship was repairable, or that Floki would even be willing but Kjalarr was determined to try

Kjalarr could not help the narrow of his pupils in a squint as his twin, sensing that his almost mirror image was lying through his teeth but after a moment the viking offered a simple shrug of his shoulders in a languid rise and fall. Kjalarr wasn't sure he believed Floki but given the tension between them and their numerous negative encounters with one another it didn't seem like the time to push the issue; thus Kjalarr accepted it. “I do not know,” Kjalarr responded honestly. It was truth: he wasn't exactly sure why he'd been drawn to Stavanger Bay aside from the strange connection they seemed to share; but it didn't seem like a good time to bring that up either. “Just stretching my legs, I guess.” Kjalarr lied simply.

For a moment the Saltwinter Gamma was silent, blinking down at the sand that stretched between them before, slowly, he lifted his gaze to his twin. “but since we're here, I want to apologize to you for ...everything.” Kjalarr wasn't sure an apology would suffice for the bridges he'd burned but it wasn't like feelings hadn't been hurt on both sides; nevertheless it didn't make his jealous outbursts right and Floki hadn't deserved to take the brunt of Kjalarr's pent up anger and frustration. “Everything I said to you was wrong, and I know it's not right but I had not been in a good place; and I am proud that you've been promoted to Beta, for what it's worth.” Out from under what Kjalarr had seen as Charon's tyrannical reign it was easy to see the mistakes he'd made with Floki, and easier to not feel jealous about what his twin had accomplished in his life. Kjalarr still hated Charon to his core but he saw no reason his feeling for Charon had to come between Floki and him.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
Life's a little sideways - by Floki - March 30, 2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Life's a little sideways - by Kjalarr - March 31, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Life's a little sideways - by Floki - April 03, 2016, 11:20 AM
RE: Life's a little sideways - by Kjalarr - April 03, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Life's a little sideways - by Floki - April 03, 2016, 12:19 PM