Raven's Watch we're terrified of what's around the corner
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
As Warbone obeyed the command given to him ("Get out of my sight..."), he unintentionally left the territory entirely, and he was twenty miles away from Sleeping Dragon before he realized of himself that it was the last time he would be commanded as such. He did not believe in the word timing, there was no such thing to this wolf. It was do or die for every breath and the one time he had allowed himself the generosity of sparing too much emotion, the whole thing had blown up in his face; scarring him more deeply than any physical wound he could ever receive. He knew he was not meant for the position he had put himself in, and he had done it regardless. Since he only had himself to blame, he didn't blame anyone at all.

Things were as they were. And he didn't honestly believe in coincidences either. Because how could it be coincidence that while trying to find another route to the shore— as opposed to going around past Dragoncrest Cliffs— he would end up embarking on an unfortunately longer route that would lead him along an impassable ravine, around the bowl of a lake through Thunder Dome and down along The Wall, all just in time to come across the smell of coagulated wolf blood. Layered by something vaguely familiar...

The hunter followed the scent, finding a collapsed figure in the lowlight cradling the clear lake. He came as close as five yards, extending his muzzle towards the torn she-wolf, and recognizing her as Reek's nameless mate. His tail flicked, and he stepped back with dull eyes glowing, certain she would react as she had the first time he'd laid eyes on her— ever more so now that she was injured.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
RE: we're terrified of what's around the corner - by Warbone - April 09, 2016, 02:52 PM