Sleeping Dragon tell me of you
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
“Thank you,” Gyda murmured with nothing short of genuine appreciation. “Fish,” The shield-maiden responded in a contemplative tone, canting her head to the side in a small movement that was almost birdlike — something she had seen Ragnar do several times. A physical display of unbidden curiosity. Lucani went on to explain why she thought it would be a good idea for Gyda to begin to gather an taste for fish, which led the viking queen to allow a brief silence to settle between them as she attempted to remember if she'd ever eaten fish. Despite that every pack she had once called home — the Dragon being the exception — she had lived close to the sea and yet she could not recall that she had ever eaten fish before in her (short) life. “You know,” Gyda began with a soft chuckle, “despite that almost all packs I belonged to had been close to the sea I have never eaten a fish before.” She knew what they were, of course, but for some odd reason she had never contemplated them as a viable food source. “How does one hunt a fish?” She inquired of the healer, assuming (Gyda you know what happens when you assume, psh) that Lucani knew how to catch one and could teach her.

Gyda did not know for sure whether she'd like it or not but if it would help with conception and when she actually did manage to conceive then she was more than willing to give it a try.

Gyda took some time to process Lucani's words, attempting to puzzle out a meaning. There was a quicken beneath her breast as she came to a conclusion whether it was a right one or not and despite herself had Gyda's mind flickering to Thuringwethil and the (perhaps) secret feelings she harbored for Heda. It was not shame that kept Gyda from acting upon them but rather the age old fear of rejection. “Me either,” Gyda admitted in a soft voice. “It is not a man that holds my heart nor that holds my interest, but unfortunately for children I need one only for the ...process.” Gyda was well aware of what happened between a male and a female to get pups and there was no way around it ...except for perhaps adoption but what mother would want to give up her children? Gyda figured that if Lucani was willing to share information about her dislike of traditional family then Gyda, too, could share a truth she'd learned about herself.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
tell me of you - by Lucani - January 21, 2016, 10:28 AM
RE: tell me of you - by Gyda - January 21, 2016, 03:12 PM
RE: tell me of you - by Lucani - February 05, 2016, 12:50 PM
RE: tell me of you - by Gyda - March 20, 2016, 05:33 AM
RE: tell me of you - by Lucani - March 21, 2016, 12:29 PM
RE: tell me of you - by Gyda - April 02, 2016, 06:40 AM
RE: tell me of you - by Lucani - April 04, 2016, 06:29 AM
RE: tell me of you - by Gyda - April 09, 2016, 05:02 AM
RE: tell me of you - by Lucani - April 10, 2016, 03:45 AM