Raven's Watch we're terrified of what's around the corner
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Unable to identify the exact feeling he felt upon her admittance, Warbone ignored it entirely, focusing instead on what she said next, which threw him somewhat for a loop. She was pregnant, a complication beyond complications in her particular situation, and the wolf grew a little tense at her side. "And you cannot trust your mate?" The rhetorical question had been asked in such an unintentionally derogatory fashion, that he felt no need to follow up with why that was a terrible way to live. His tone had implied enough of his opinion that he didn't want to further beat a corpse. Warbone shifted, attempting to assuage the curl of his muscles by leaning more of his weight into her, pressing gently. And sure enough, the warmth of her body soothed him, and the male relaxed.

"You do not have to go back," he mused at length, weighing his own words on his tongue. "I could protect you." It wasn't as if he had any other responsibilities that needed tending to— and what kind of life was a wolf living if he was not serving his own species? Warbone was self-sufficient but he was not selfish. He chose the life of loner because it was less frustrating with a lack of angles and hidden dimensions that came with pack life, but that did not mean he wasn't suited for a life opposite of this. "I know you have no reason to trust me, but neither have I given you a reason not to. Your brood will need a pack to be raised in, so I suspect you would return to the Grotto after a time, but..."'

He considered that he could start his own pack; find stragglers to rally into his realm— Wildfire explicitly came to mind— but he did not bring up his imperial half-thoughts to the injured wolf. She had enough on her plate just avoiding her partner as it was. "As long as you need to be free, I can be there for you."
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
RE: we're terrified of what's around the corner - by Warbone - April 10, 2016, 08:06 PM