Sleeping Dragon set the controls for the heart of the sun
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She gave a subtle nod of acknowledgment as Thuringwethil glanced at her— I heard.— and remained quiet, attentive, as the conversation between the two leaders continued. In Magpie's opinion, there was always something to be gained; but it wasn't yet time for her to voice the thought, and the Commander already knew her stance would likely be one of diplomacy. Her own mind was churning, for there was a gap in information— the allusions to tensions between Drageda and Phoenix Maplewood were known to the Corvidae, but she was not aware of the true extent or of any specific threat to her home.

Magpie planned to wait until the Queen had the chance to respond, but Thuringwethil turned to her at the end of her speech and offered her both the floor to speak— and the official title she had demanded on their first meet, and had coveted ever since. "I accept," she agreed readily, and all at once her reservations about remaining in Drageda faded. It would be later that she would have space to process, and that the gravity of the position would weigh upon her, but for now there were more important things to discuss.

"I am aware of the tensions between us and the Maplewood, but I have yet to hear of any direct threat," she began, prompting either leader to provide her with necessary information there. "An alliance should be considered, particularly if war looms and we are unable to reach agreement with the Maplewood. Reek will put his pack first, as we would, but if Drageda stands between them and a mutual enemy, it will be in their best interest to aid us." Not that Sleeping Dragon could not survive an attack, but more bodies were more bodies; and hopefully it would be more of his that fell in the event of a battle.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Antumbra - April 01, 2016, 03:58 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 01, 2016, 04:53 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 05, 2016, 04:39 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by OG Magpie - April 11, 2016, 10:11 AM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 11, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 22, 2016, 05:05 AM