swimming in the smoke
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Aw.

“They will not take them, Thistle. They have no rights to them,” That wasn’t exactly true but Thistle, as their mother, had more of a right to them than anyone else on the earth did, moreso than Pump who intended to have a claim on the pups, too. “Besides if Pump wouldn’t let the babes go with us if we went elsewhere,” Though Ragnar was not how she intended to keep them chained to the Ridge they would have free wills and minds of their own, eventually. “She wouldn’t let them go with his family.” It was a subtle vow that he wouldn’t let anyone take their children away from her, that he would rather fight to his last breath then allow anyone - even Odinn - to steal them away. “I will tear the lungs from their bodies if they try,” He promised to her in a whisper, muzzle skimming the silk of her ear. “Even Odinn.” His God had already claimed the lives of his children with Dagmar, he would not have the lives of Thistles’ and his. Ragnar knew he never wanted to bury lifeless bodies again and that if he did he would not to consume drugged mushrooms to feel the rage of the Berserkers.

Her look was sharp at his admittance of his lie, listening to her words, his ears laying down to his skull as she lectured him upon it. “I told her that it was your first season, that you didn’t realize and that he took advantage of you …which he did do.” Ragnar did not want to hear it, did not want to hear her paint him as some kind of saint because he had showed her one good night. Ragnar doubted he was as innocent as Thistle had been (Ragnar was right on that suspicion, admittedly). “They might be mine by blood, I don’t think we will ever know, really.” Ragnar attempted to console her next, inhaling deeply and letting it out sharply. “Then she should have answered their diplomats’ call,” Ragnar stated simply, knowing their would be consequences for this, likely. But the situation had changed and needed to be addressed immediately as far as Ragnar was concerned. “I have told their diplomat I would go to the Plateau with her to explain what happened to his family. They know he is missing that is why she was sent - to look for him. The situation has changed and therefore her rejection of my offer no longer matters.” Whether Pump would see it that way or not Ragnar didn’t know.

Just so long as Pump understood that when she no longer had the Beta position to hold over him as leverage - meaning that she chose someone else or took the prospect away from him that Ragnar would be gone and he’d take Thistle with him and without her leash constraining him he would no longer care about her morals. The Viking’s wings were clipped but it was only a matter of time before he broke free and took flight. Whether it was with Pump or against her only the fates would reveal.

“Their diplomat is waiting for me, Thistle. She does not want to be the messenger of this. I do not know if she does not want to involve herself or if she is simply scared, I am not frightened and I am already involved.” The Viking moved closer to his wife then, desiring to touch. “You should stay here,” He murmured to her in a suggestion, wondering if she would accept it or fight him on it.

Messages In This Thread
swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 01:48 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 02:21 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 03:19 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 04:07 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 05:26 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 06:43 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 07:47 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 08:05 PM