swimming in the smoke
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
This thread is bittersweet and my feels are like goo right now, lol. <3

The sound of Thistle’s chuckle and admittance that she did not see Pump that often allowed the Viking a little relief though not much. “She will notice my absence at the borders,” Ragnar warned Thistle softly, not wanting to bring her into the crossfire of anything. He felt like he was caught in between a rock and a hard place and not for the first time. He did not want Thistle to be guilty by association for anything he did. “Then I will return swiftly,” He murmured into her ear in a breathless whisper after she had spoken that she would miss him. “So you will not miss that much.” He finished reveling in her closeness, in her smell and the warmth and feel of her body so near his.

“Don’t be frightened,” She had not actually stated that she was frightened and really he wasn’t sure if worry and fear were of the same vein but it felt right to assure her anyhow. Just in case, because he knew how women were. They fretted. Needlessly. Granted, the odds were not in Ragnar’s favor but their fates had already been decided and odds weren’t going to make a difference anyway. “Odinn will join Freya and Frigg in their guardianship of you. He will watch over you while I am away.” Odinn had already promised Ragnar a long life and the Viking trusted his Gods’ word, but Thistle needed the Allfather’s protection more than he.

“If you see a raven or two it is a good sign. It means he is watching you through Huginn and Muinnin.”

Messages In This Thread
swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 01:48 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 02:21 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 03:19 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 04:07 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 05:26 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 06:43 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Thistle Cloud - April 29, 2014, 07:47 PM
RE: swimming in the smoke - by Ragnar - April 29, 2014, 08:05 PM