Blackfeather Woods The day I lost my other half...
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She had just returned to the forest when she heard the cry. She recognized the voice though she had just only heard it a few weeks ago, and the cry of anguish and despair crushed her heart. Potema dropped the fox she had taken from the Moonlit Hills wolf, forgetting her intentions as she ran towards the cry. Potema knew that she had a younger brother — a little boy named Pietro who to Kendra like Burke was to Meldresi. She didn't know the boy at all, nor did she know how close he was to everyone else, but she knew that she was her brother and nothing more.

Kendra's last scream reached her ears and Potema entered the silent scene, smelling the blood and the mountain lion. Nemesis had stormed away, her curse bitter and full of grief. She looked at the gathered wolves, then to the pool of blood in the center. Kendra laid draped over a small gray body, and Potema knew who had died. Pietro. The boy she never knew, gone. The white witch walked tentatively over to Kendra, assuming her duties as priestess, unaware of Kove's presence. Potema nosed the little gray body and spoke a prayer quietly, though in the silence it was loud enough for everyone to hear:

"Lord Sithis, bless this child who has arrived into the Void far too early. Bless him and keep him safe in your embrace. Bless him and allow him peace with Meldresi Melonii, his mother. Bless him and allow him to live without pain or fear for the rest of eternity. This I ask of you, Lord Sithis."

She didn't know how else to go on, and fell quiet then, letting the words ring and fade as she spoke them. She looked at Kendra, then at Burke, knowing they both would take this the hardest. She felt a pit of guilt in her stomach — why didn't she seek him out? Why didn't she try to meet her younger brother? Potema swallowed drily, tears unable to fall for someone she never knew, only feeling her throat close up slightly and her teeth chatter. They had to bury him. No, he must be interred in the same way as his mother — it was only fitting for a Prince of Blackfeather Woods.
Messages In This Thread
The day I lost my other half... - by Kendra - April 16, 2016, 10:26 AM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Burke - April 16, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Nemesis - April 16, 2016, 03:17 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Kendra - April 16, 2016, 03:28 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Burke - April 16, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Mikasi - April 16, 2016, 03:57 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Nemesis - April 16, 2016, 07:25 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Kove - April 16, 2016, 11:31 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Xan - April 16, 2016, 11:44 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Kendra - April 17, 2016, 03:41 AM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Burke - April 17, 2016, 03:55 AM