Such a morbid young lady!
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Not at all! :)

“It's fine,” she said gruffly, and though she didn't really need to explain herself, she added, “I just do not get along well with those from other packs.” Specifically, she had pissed all of them off at one point or another. Though the encounters were generally her fault, the female was biased enough to discredit her involvement and pin the blame on others. A lot of the time, they exacerbated the issue themselves, which rendered Jinx's involvement somewhat unimportant anyway.

A prickling sensation on the back of her neck, as though eyes were fixed upon her, caused her to twitch back her ears, but Tyrande was silent and still and Jinx did not detect her. She turned her attention back to Erika when the feeling passed. Though she had initially reacted poorly to the loner's presence and appearance, it was not because she disliked her. Its source was shock and confusion more than distaste, and now that it had been explained, she had no reason to fear.

“We are... Traditional,” she said slowly, deliberately choosing her words carefully. Although Silvertip operated on basic wolf principles, she had discovered of late that the wolves of the Teekon Wilds were surprisingly detached from how wolves truly worked, and some of them took offence to her methods... Even went so far as to call them “evil”. “I dislike strangers near the borders. Those who come close are chased away or punished without question, because I do not care why they come, only that they are not behaving with proper respect for the pack's presence. Those who call for us on neutral territory are met and treated fairly and with courtesy. We have enemies, of course...” Specifically, Jinx had enemies, “...but they are few as of yet. Those we deem particularly threatening are to be attacked on sight if they are within the pack's vicinity... And the rare few who pose a real threat to our well-being are to be killed.”

As though to dissuade the air of the hatred she was implying about Silvertip, she rolled her shoulders. “It is the way of the wolf. I do not like to share my prey or company with rivals from other packs who would kill us in the scarce winter-time without a second thought. Yet some of their territories hold resources we cannot obtain... If you stumble upon such resources, you may take them if you can avoid their ire. Some of the packs are small and their land is not well guarded. Whatever we obtain from rivals weakens them and strengthens us. It ensures our survival.” A pause for breath. “Out in the wilds it is your discretion, but near the pack lands, strangers are unwelcome no matter their reasons. But, if you meet a wolf worthy of the pack, so long as they have not shown disrespect in coming too close, you may invite them to come and meet with us... And I will evaluate them, perhaps extend them an offer.”

In all this, Jinx left an unspoken offer in the air: the mountain was Erika's to call home, if she wanted it.
Messages In This Thread
Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 22, 2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 22, 2014, 05:54 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 22, 2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 22, 2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 22, 2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 23, 2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 23, 2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 28, 2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 28, 2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 28, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 28, 2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 29, 2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 30, 2014, 01:08 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 30, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 30, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - April 30, 2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - April 30, 2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 30, 2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - May 08, 2014, 08:45 AM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Erika - May 08, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Such a morbid young lady! - by Jinx - May 15, 2014, 11:41 AM