Sunbeam Lair moonbeams
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Insightful were his words, feeding her mind with thoughts. It could be a mere coincidence that they'd spotted the star, as it could be meant for someone else. Still, there stood a chance that it'd decided to shine so brightly for them in particular, so that a warning might be issued prior to whatever chaos may come their way. Asterr knew not how to go about figuring out the meaning behind it's placement there that night, and she suspected her companion could not, either. It was up to time to reveal to them what it had in store for the tribe. Until then, however, she tried to prevent it from weighing on her mind, focusing on Noctura and his words. "I do hope that is shines for another, however selfish that may sound," she'd murmured, daring not speak any louder than necessary. Her hopes could serve as a lure for the constellation to do unto them great misfortune, but even still, the feeling remained within her chest. For whatever might come their way, the dragon could counter.

No story pertaining to the constellation was shared, perhaps because one didn't exist at all, or maybe because the tale had never been exchanged with the man before. Someday, perhaps a tale might be told about the eagle, but it was clear that simply wasn't meant to happen just yet. Instead, she was asked a question, one of which that demanded some thought be put into it. Asterr had needed to sort through her memories, plucking distant images and thoughts from every accessible corner, piecing together a puzzle that would serve, then, as her response. "I do not believe I have ever genuinely perceived a message from the stars," came her answer. "Even with Draco, the stars had never been something my family sought messages in. For always there lived a vessel, and always they could converse with the dragon directly. Never had we needed to seek answers from the night sky, so never had I looked." And, truthfully, she was glad she hadn't. For had her focus been on he stars in her youth, she would have learned of them quickly, and then she wouldn't be sitting where she currently did. The dragoness did not regret her past choices, as had they not been picked, her nights with the man would have been few.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
moonbeams - by Noctura - April 11, 2016, 09:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 12, 2016, 01:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 12, 2016, 04:20 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 13, 2016, 12:55 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 14, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 17, 2016, 11:11 PM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 21, 2016, 10:58 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 29, 2016, 01:09 AM