Larksong Grotto Floating fast like a hummingbird
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
New round begins Tuesday, April 26th! (Or, you know... when everyone replies and stuff.

One by one, the wolves of the grotto came out of woodwork to join Reek at the lakebed in response to his summons. His eyes darted from wolf to wolf as they arrived. Four subordinates in total. Reek shook his head and continued to wait for Ditty to arrive, but after a few minutes of silence, Reek gave up on his hope that the bubbly coywolf would show. In fact, his scent had been fading fast from the territory and Reek figured he had left too. The pack was dwindling... Reek could see it.

"Is this it?" he asked, voice nearly apathetic in an attempt to hide his own emotional scars. "This is— this—" Then there was silence. He wanted to say pathetic, but all that passed his lips was a tired and disappointed sigh. Shaking his head, Reek tried not to let his disappointment with himself get the better of him. Broken spirit or not, he still had a pack to lead.

"Tavi is gone," he began, jumping right in to reason he called his wolves forth. His voice cracked from strain as he spoke, but he held his composure. "I have not been the leader any of you deserve. Communication has been... uh, limited at best, but I intend on changing that today. I promise to be more transparent with all of you from here on out." It was painful admission, but the problems that faced the grotto were all Reek's fault. 

"But first off, we need to address our numbers.Or lack there of, Reek thought. "We cannot hold this grotto with only five of us, nor am I in the physcal condition to protect any of you." He had reopened his injuries in the panic attack that ensued both before Tavi's departure and after. The scar's of Reek's mental instability would always remain dappled on his flesh. 

"We need to hit recruitment hard. I want each of you to go scouting around in search of lone wolves. I don't care if you have to drag them back by force, something must be done." No longer would Reek allow himself to retreat to the depths of his grotto to escape his problems. No, now he would face them head on. "Meanwhile, I will search for Tavi." He exhaled slow, sure of the fact that she didn't want to be followed, but he felt he needed to do so anyway. "And I will do my best to bring her home."
Messages In This Thread
Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Reek - April 20, 2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Jhala - April 20, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Skeet - April 20, 2016, 11:52 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Aspen - April 20, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Lunar Eclipse - April 20, 2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Reek - April 21, 2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Jhala - April 25, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Eslani - April 25, 2016, 08:10 PM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Skeet - April 26, 2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Aspen - April 27, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Reek - April 28, 2016, 09:01 AM
RE: Floating fast like a hummingbird - by Skeet - May 06, 2016, 09:39 PM