Hushed Willows Don't let them them steal your light
85 Posts
Ooc —
Woot woot! Feel free to tag me in your last trade thread, Kunik is going for Hunter as well. :P

Kunik's good ear turned back to listen to the girl's words, realizing she hadn't yet caught her name. "Nay, not me. I only smelled it,"she explained to the yearling wolf. 

"I never got your name? I'm Kunik,"she offered up her own name. Kunik continued to follow the trail, mouth open and head low to smell as much as possible. 

When she reached a break in the thick foliage, revealing a fresher blood trail and a glimpse of the tiny meadow beyond the bracken she stopped, holding her tail up to warn the younger female that they were close.

Peering between the branches of the undergrowth she spotted the aging deer as it limped heavily across the clearing, torn red bite marks marring its foreleg. She was correct in her assumption that it was injured and elderly. The doe's meat was likely not as tender as a younger deer but food was food.

"Here's the plan: you stay hidden here, I'll circle around and chase it down to you. Once it gets close enough, you cut it off and aim for its injured leg or the throat. Just bring it down. I'll try to get it's stomach or hind legs. Once it's down go for the kill." Either one of them could kill the deer, she didn't mind. She thought it would be nice to credit the yearling with the kill, give her some standing in Warbone's eyes. 

Kunik paused, waiting for any questions or remarks before moving around to the other side of the clearing, creeping through the foliage where the deer wouldn't see nor hear her. She stopped to roll herself in thick, cloying mud to hide her scent seeing as she would be upwind. Once in position she waited for a good opening to chase the doe.
The way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death. 
Messages In This Thread
Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 20, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Grace - April 20, 2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 20, 2016, 09:10 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Grace - April 21, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 21, 2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Grace - April 21, 2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 21, 2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Grace - April 21, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 21, 2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Grace - April 21, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Don't let them them steal your light - by Kunik - April 21, 2016, 04:46 PM