Sleeping Dragon set the controls for the heart of the sun
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Apologies for holding this up; you could have skipped! Feel free to skip or prod me as needed going forward. I've been dealing with some craziness at work recently. :<

Magpie had fallen silent after speaking her piece, waiting for the rest of those gathered to speak theirs in turn. It was clear that the others had an advantage over the newly appointed Beta, for they glossed over her subtle request for more information and continued to speak of wolves and packs she had never met. Her jaws remained shut, clenching harder as her frustration grew; she could advise what she did not know, but she did not blame Gyda or the male for refusing to guide her. This would be part of her challenge, her test, and so she bore their refusal to aid her in silence, and stored away the morsels they did offer. If necessary, she would ask Thuringwethil for context when they were next alone.

But when the Commander next spoke, she answered the Corvidae's subtle invitation and filled in the gaps. Magpie listened hungrily, mind churning for solutions as soon as the puzzle pieces began to fit together— and a frown slowly formed upon her features, brows narrowing and darkening her bright eyes. Perhaps it was because she hadn't been here long, and perhaps it was because the Corvidae kept her ties as loose as possible, but she felt nothing but dispassion for the situation discussed. It was senseless, all of it, and she wondered if she had joined the ranks of a madwoman— or if she had broken through the looking glass into a region filled to the brim with wolves that had gone entirely bonkers.

Still, when she spoke, it was patient and level. "As you say, she is weakened by pregnancy," it was matter-of-fact, for a wolf carrying young was in no position to fight, "and further still if the Maplewood and Grotto were once together and now divided. Her threats are very likely hot air, meant to force our hand. If we wait and they come, we would easily overtake them. Drageda is strong and we know this land best." Besides, if this were a petty squabble between ex-lovers, Sleeping Dragon had no business inserting themselves in the middle; but Magpie was outnumbered in her opinion, and knew it, so she did not elaborate. "As for the pups," she continued fiercely, knowing that Thuringwethil's logic was sound but hating the involvement of the helpless, "we can speak of them to manipulate this Reek, but I will not allow Drageda to stoop so low as to actually harm them. They are innocents in this."
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Antumbra - April 01, 2016, 03:58 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 01, 2016, 04:53 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 05, 2016, 04:39 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 11, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by OG Magpie - April 21, 2016, 10:58 PM
RE: set the controls for the heart of the sun - by Gyda - April 22, 2016, 05:05 AM