Redhawk Caldera redbone
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
ooc:  Just a friendly reminder not to powerplay another person's character :) Saying that your character stumbled in the direction of another character, rather than straight into them, would be better as I've outlined that Shrike was stalking toward yours and had your character in sight. Also, in your second post, you powerplayed Shrike biting Dingo when I hadn't yet written anything about Shrike aiming to bite him, as well. Instead, you could always say that Dingo was within biting range, or that he stumbled and would have made himself an easy target, rather than putting poor Dingo's butt right into Shrike's mouth, as maybe I might've not had Shrike bite him at all- I wasn't left that option, though, and that's the problem with powerplaying.  If you have any other questions about powerplaying, feel free to PM me and I can toss you a few suggestions about how to avoid having that happen while still leaving opportunities open for your fellow roleplayers to engage in fights and such :)

ic: Shrike managed to creep up on the reddish wolf and was surprised to see the male stumble straight into him. Shrike sidestepped and snapped at the air between the two of them, teeth clicking shut in an abrasive warning. He put a few feet of distance between the two of them, but kept his head down and teeth bared, hoping the intruder would get the hint, finally, and leave. He paused and his growls quieted, though, when the sorrel male said now that perhaps it wasn't Shrike that he knew, but another wolf in the pack. Perhaps, Shrike thought, it was someone's scent he'd recognized, not his own, and now that he had a chance to give the male another good look over, he saw several traits- the red fur being the most indicative- that this male might have had some relation to Fox. 

...But relation or no relation, this lone wolf had no right to trespass, and absolutely no right to steal from the pack, whether he knew Fox or not. Obviously, he couldn't know her that well if he couldn't recall her name and didn't know precisely who he was looking for.

Shrike was not best pleased with Ashmedai interrupted his confrontation, and the stiffness in Shrike's body showed this. His posture was still lower than that of the higher ranking wolf, but he couldn't accept Ashmedai's technique. "Trespasser and thief." He said sternly, silver eyes focused on the intruder in question. "Stole our food. Won't leave." He said in a voice wrought with frustration. He had been informed such things would absolutely not be tolerated, and that his way of dealing with the intruder- chasing him out- was the best thing to do. 

The alphas had pups to feed, and with Peregrine's leg broken, their caches needed to be stocked. Plus, if Ashmedai was content simply to converse with someone who'd intruded into their territory while there were young whelps made Shrike's tongue curl. He would have something to say to Fox about Ashmedai later.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
redbone - by Dingo - April 21, 2016, 04:25 PM
RE: redbone - by Shrike Redleaf - April 21, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: redbone - by Dingo - April 21, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: redbone - by Shrike Redleaf - April 22, 2016, 03:56 PM
RE: redbone - by Dingo - April 23, 2016, 03:33 AM
RE: redbone - by Ashmedai - April 23, 2016, 05:04 AM
RE: redbone - by Shrike Redleaf - April 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
RE: redbone - by Dingo - April 23, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: redbone - by Ashmedai - April 23, 2016, 08:37 PM