Blacktail Deer Plateau i just cannot even
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Very well - give me a minute," Osprey memorized the five characters, closed her eyes and didn't say a single word for five or six minutes. The creative part of her mind was working in full speed - making a web of connections and associations with those words, drawing images and tying the possible turn of events, making a good plotline step by step. Finally, when a vague idea of the story was molded, she opened her eyes and smiled. She was ready.

"Once upon a time in a faraway land there lived a pack of wolves. They were a big family, led by a noble and fair king and a queen, who was the most beautiful being that had ever walked the Earth. If only her beauty had matched her character... she was vain and mean and spent most of the days, staring at her reflection in the lake, acknowledging over and over again that nothing more perfect and amazing had ever been created.

The king, of course, knew her flaws, but he was blinded by love and, since the rest of the family favored and respected him, they kept their dislike for the beautiful queen to themselves. One day a wild pig passed through their lands. And not any kind of, but one a hunter would be willing to give anything up to to hunt it down. It was big, it's pelt was in an unusual white color, streaked with golden guard hair and it's tusks were of pure gold.

It didn't take long before they wete engaged in a hunt and the queen, who usually didn't join the hunts for fear of damaging her beauty, ran at the front of the group. Her eyes were on the golden tusks and the unusal pelt, which she desired to have to herself so much. But the creature was very quick and agile - every time they came near it, it managed to run off again. One by one the hunters grew tired and in the end only queen was still going after it.

They ran long and the queen had run past the borders of their home a very long time ago. They arrived in a clearing, the wild pig stopped, turned to face the she-wolf and all of a sudden changed it's form. It turned out to be not a wild pig but one of the great spirits of the forest itself (they are called gods in other cultures). He told her that her beauty had infatuated him and that he desired to claim her as his lifelong mate. The queen was flattered at first, but her vanity got the better of her and she told that in order to have her, the spirit had to do various quests to gain her appreciation.

Keep in mind that spirits are not to be toyed with and this was no different, it grew angry and kidnapped her.

Back at home the king waited for his queen's return, then began looking for her. While the pack was glad that their vain ruler was gone, the king grew more sad and depressed with every passing day. Until he handed the throne to his most loyal subordinate and set off to find the lost queen.

It took him a long time and a lot of adventures to finally find a thread of, what had happened to his love - but this will be left to be told for another time. One day he arrived in the same clearing, where the spirit of the forest had taken his mate hostage. He called for him and challenged for a fight. And it would have resolved in the spirit killing the king, because no mortal can fight a spirit and win, if not for something that transpired between them.

The spirit appeared, having taken a form of a big wolf. There were words left unsaid, a fight that never took place. Because the moment their eyes met, they knew that they were meant to be together. That one of a kind, love at first sight thing - unexplainable, irrational, but very real. They stood there looking at each other for a long while and then came together and embraced.

The spirit freed the queen, but the king no longer saw her beauty or allure that had held him captive for a very long time. His eyes were only on the spirit and the spirit couldn't turn away from him. They set on a journey around the world from that point on, went through many hardships and difficulties, but always found consolation, strength and happiness in each other. When the king had become an old man and his soul went through the veil to the other side, the spirit followed him. For they had sworn to each other so many years before that they would be together for better or worse, in life and death,"
she finished her long tale and smiled at Bazi.

"That's all."
Messages In This Thread
i just cannot even - by Bazi - April 04, 2014, 10:48 AM
RE: i just cannot even - by Osprey - April 07, 2014, 03:47 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Bazi - April 07, 2014, 04:14 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Osprey - April 08, 2014, 01:46 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Bazi - April 09, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Osprey - April 12, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Bazi - April 12, 2014, 04:46 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Osprey - April 14, 2014, 12:34 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Bazi - April 15, 2014, 06:06 PM
RE: i just cannot even - by Osprey - April 21, 2014, 03:00 PM