Phoenix Maplewood taken away to the dark side
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Skipping to keep the thread going.

Saena agreed silently with Scimitar's sentiment, though she did feel rather strangely to think so with such confidence. She wasn't even sure she could be a good mother with help, let alone without it. What she did know was that she didn't need no cheating son of a bitch to taint her children's minds and convince them that sins go without consequences, which was the prime reason she drove him away and kept him away now. "Thank you," Saena breathed, glad to have someone uninvolved on her side, if only for a moment.

Her eyes shifted to the resplendent Goldhawk and her smile tightened at the corners into one broader. "That's quite a name," she granted, and she could understand and appreciate the use of a much shorter one. "Is it from a long family line?" It must be, she thought. No wolf had titles and so many names all in one if it wasn't a familial trait, or so she assumed.

Her attention promptly shifted back to Scimitar and she moved uncomfortably as he explained what had happened to Jade Fern Grove. Her heart thudded in her chest as she remembered her twin encounters with a bear: once when it rampaged through her home and severed the remainder of her tail, and once when she wandered to the grove on the tail of a spectral hallucinatory hawk and encountered it there. "I think I've seen that bear," she mused, but left the subject alone as Scimitar continued.

So he and Bazi had split as well, for mutual reasons, she assumed. The parellels with her own situation weren't missed, but Saena was spared details about Scimitar's new mate, not that she would've judged him anyway. If he and Bazi had split on mutual terms, then there was no foul play in seeking another. "I'm sorry you and Bazi didn't work out," she said quietly, "but how are your children now? They must be nearly fully grown. Have they come with you?" They were quite small when the former Nova Peak pack had briefly sheltered in the maplewood. While she couldn't claim to remember anything about them, Saena wondered after them anyway. She pondered asking after the one who lost his eyes, but thought it might be rude and left it open in the more general question.

And then they came to the reason for this meeting: a fellow named Goober who had mentioned the maplewood. Saena's face scrunched as she tried to remember if ever she met such a wolf, but a name like that was unforgettable. "I'm really sorry, but I haven't heard of him," she said regretfully. "I would remember a name like that. I'm not sure how he knows the maple wood, but I've never met him... and thank god for that. I hope whoever he assaulted is okay."
Messages In This Thread
taken away to the dark side - by Scimitar - April 11, 2016, 12:01 PM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Saēna - April 11, 2016, 10:35 PM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Goldhawk - April 12, 2016, 07:44 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Chosovi - April 12, 2016, 10:25 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Scimitar - April 14, 2016, 05:58 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Saēna - April 19, 2016, 07:53 PM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Goldhawk - April 21, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Scimitar - April 27, 2016, 06:42 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Saēna - April 27, 2016, 08:00 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Goldhawk - April 29, 2016, 08:37 AM
RE: taken away to the dark side - by Scimitar - April 29, 2016, 02:12 PM