The Sentinels i send my scourge, i send my sword
/ | \
197 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Please do not find Emaleth in this thread. Plot, plot, plot! ;) Just noting that for plot purposes, Emaleth will be leaving the territory amidst the chaos... Feel free to spot her, but please do not powerplay catching/stopping her. Thanks!

Donnelaith was her whole heart and soul; she danced betwixt the redwoods daily, and she considered the tall giants to be her friends. She imagined they whispered to her, sang with her, and that their magicks were her own— they enchanted her soul, and in turn, she chanted spells so that they might bloom and that their trunks may be enveloped with the soft and protective embrace of moss. Emaleth wound between them, now, in the dappled light and occasional beams of noon-sun that broke through the canopy of her trees. Her small, proper voice lilted through them in a nonsensical, sing-song whisper; a spell, a spell!

And she paused, both in movement and voice, when a darkness swept over the Sentinels of Donnelaith. It looked wrong. It felt wrong.

Her mismatched eyes cast upward towards the sky, watching with horrified fascination as the leaves began to move in an otherworldly fashion. It was as if a dark oil had been poured over them, and it moved with an unnatural speed down the branches and trunks of her friends— she could feel her hackles raise, a chill settling over her skin. When the disconcerting ripple reached just above her head, the air was suddenly thick with humming and swarming bugs. They would occasionally land upon her, biting, but flying away when they found no satiation in her flesh.

They were harming her trees; killing them.

She did this. Her magicks had gone wrong, she had misspoken her enchantment, and rather than blessing her friends and protectors with growth, the dark child had cursed them instead. A silent shriek of horror caught in her throat, for she realized that if her father found her, found out what she had done... well, she had never been punished, but she knew that any harm she had done would come back to her threefold.

Emaleth ran, sobbing, away from the sound of her father's summons— perhaps the curse would only follow her, then, and her family would be safe.
Messages In This Thread
i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Lasher - April 27, 2016, 09:35 AM
RE: i send my sword, i send my scourge - by Deirdre - April 27, 2016, 09:48 AM
RE: i send my sword, i send my scourge - by Aria - April 27, 2016, 10:09 AM
RE: i send my sword, i send my scourge - by Emaleth - April 27, 2016, 10:02 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Eilidh - April 27, 2016, 10:11 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Lucani - April 27, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Deirdre - April 27, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Constantine - April 27, 2016, 10:41 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Tachyon Sr - April 27, 2016, 10:51 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Emaleth - April 27, 2016, 01:27 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Kurai - April 27, 2016, 08:39 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Aria - April 27, 2016, 08:54 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Eilidh - April 27, 2016, 09:00 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Dante RIP - April 27, 2016, 09:48 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Lucani - April 30, 2016, 06:52 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Constantine - April 30, 2016, 11:03 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Osprey - May 02, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Osprey - May 04, 2016, 07:03 AM
RE: i send my scourge, i send my sword - by Lasher - May 04, 2016, 04:18 PM