Sunbeam Lair moonbeams
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A long while had passed since she'd truly delved into the workings of her place of birth, as well as the pact her family had long since formed with Draco. Every now and again, she would perhaps let slip a small portion of information, but to truly divulge so much as she was currently contemplating doing had not happened since she'd left home. She would not be understood, or no one was interested—two excuses she'd often given to herself. In fact, neither were what truly held her back. Rather, it was her lack of trust in those around her to hold dear to such knowledge, as if they could never harbour feelings so strong for her culture unless they'd been born into it. Though, as she sat there alongside Noctura, she could feel the ease of her mind. She was certain that he would understand, perhaps more so than anyone else, and that telling to him of the vessels would not be an awful idea. Maybe it might even be a brilliant one. And so, she'd glanced to him one final time, only to then stare up at the sky above.

"My grandmother," she'd revealed, starting off with the simplest of answers to his question. "Before my birth, it was my grandmother who served as the vessel, the sole connection to our god. Throughout the history of my family, it has always been females that are born with the gift—with the grandest of purposes life could ever offer." Her brothers had never stood a chance, nor, really, had her sisters. It was always meant to be her. Since so long ago, when her birth had been foreseen by the great dragon himself, it was she who was destined to be connected to him. Until the day came in which she was too weak to support his might or far too near to death, it would be she who served as his connection to the physical plane. "Since the beginning of time itself, my family has existed. Some say we walked the earth even when the dragons still claimed this plane as their own, but not all believe such a tale. Ever since the beginning, a pact has existed between my family and Draco, one of which that is forever honoured. Each time a vessel becomes too frail or dies off, another that has been predetermined is born into the world. Since the start of life, it has been this way, and never will things change." They couldn't, is more like it, for no one wished for them to. How things currently stood, the contract that existed, it made positive that both parties remained equally satisfied.

Slowly, her muzzle moved down, looking ahead of her rather than to the stars overhead. Like that she'd remained for a few moments, allowing him an opportunity to process that which had been shared. Soon, she'd directed her gaze back to him, poise as always in the way she moved. "Someday, when I am of age, I will perhaps bear the next vessel. Though, truthfully, it is more likely that I will only grandmother the one that follows me. Even still, there is honour that comes with that. It is a reason for why the branch families are so often envious of my own—the main family." Rare was it for someone not of the main branch to be born the serving vessel, for often they were neither as strong nor wise. They simply did not possess the necessary traits that Draco required of each vessel.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
moonbeams - by Noctura - April 11, 2016, 09:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 12, 2016, 01:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 12, 2016, 04:20 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 13, 2016, 12:55 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 14, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 17, 2016, 11:11 PM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 21, 2016, 10:58 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 29, 2016, 01:09 AM