Sunbeam Lair moonbeams
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
The stargazer listened with a most attentive and curious interest. Asterr's story was inherently fascinating, for while he'd heard a dozen stories of beliefs and cultures, never had he heard one as ancient and revered as her own. He took her word for it, naturally, having never believed for a moment that this was something that dwelled within her own mind only (such would be a terrible revelation), and found himself interested in her homeland. The magic that ran through there must be astonishing, and the disciples who walked that world must be full of serious talk of dragons, legend and duty. So the fact that he'd never experienced all this for himself meant that all Noctura's knowledge of such a world came from Asterr. And thus Asterr herself was that world.

And Noctura was a part of it.

He intended to ask, at some point, how the lineage had been so maintained. A line that went back as far as time itself was a magnificent claim, and it seemed kept in tact despite a life full of wild dangers, natural threats and inevitable discord. The fact that Asterr was the latest in this delicately surviving line made her nothing short of invaluable. He'd dare not touch her...

But instead of asking about this line, Noctura instead observed what she was expressing. I've encountered so many wolves who shirk from their responsibilities, either afraid or reluctant to become what they're fated to be. But you, Asterr, he gazed down at her with an affectionate respect in his silver eyes, I'm certain now that Aquila — the constellation of discord — doesn't shine for you, because I see that you aren't conflicted about your past. It seems to me that, like so few, you've risen to your title — you've accepted who you are. You yourself are in possession of who you're meant to be.
Messages In This Thread
moonbeams - by Noctura - April 11, 2016, 09:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 12, 2016, 01:06 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 12, 2016, 04:20 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 13, 2016, 12:55 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 14, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 17, 2016, 11:11 PM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 21, 2016, 10:58 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - April 29, 2016, 01:09 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - April 30, 2016, 08:12 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Asterr - May 09, 2016, 01:41 AM
RE: moonbeams - by Noctura - May 13, 2016, 05:54 AM