The Sentinels I dream about her, but we have never met
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"That's not even the whole of it," Saena said regretfully, turning her head to smile gratefully when Lasher nudged her. "Before all that, a new, lawless pack came to settle north of us. We didn't bother them, but Reek took it upon himself to make some... pact that was not needed. He did so without consulting me." Had Saena been involved in that decision, perhaps none of this would've happened. She sought the answer in Lasher's narrow, jet face, but knew she wouldn't find it there. "A subordinate of ours broke his pact, and their wolves attacked him. He returned to us injured, and they put in place a kill order should we pass a river that divided us. But the north was my home for a year and being penned in with Reek's new pack on one side and this pack on another... sucked.

So I went to remove the restriction. I moved that wolves from both packs be allowed to travel freely through the north, without insult, unless a wolf from either pack threatened the claim of the other directly. My offer was rejected, so the kill order was reinstated, on my side as well. I couldn't trust them to play kindly any longer. Maybe if I wasn't so foolhardy about that..."
Perhaps that was her first mistake. Saena had made many, but trusting the wolves of the neighbouring pack less than her own subordinates was perhaps the worst of them. The need for such a pact was evidently there, and perhaps had Saena not escalated the terms of it, then only Esaro would've paid for his idiocy. But then, perhaps the Phoenix wolves would've went to war regardless.

"My subordinate, the very same one who crossed the river once before, did so again. I'm not sure why I trusted that dumbass to listen to me, but he didn't. In so doing he brought war upon my pack. We would've stayed and defended our claim, but..." Saena's eyes hardened, flinty with her pain and betrayal. "Reek's pack sided with those fucks, against me and our newborn cubs, and made an alliance with them. He would've come to fight against us and killed my babes, and we were outnumbered." That was never confirmed, and was naught but a suspicion fed by Esaro himself, who might've been a liar, but Saena's conviction in it was such that she believed it without hesitation.

And where would they go, Lasher wondered. "As far from that place as possible," answered Saena.
Messages In This Thread
I dream about her, but we have never met - by Saēna - April 23, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: I dream about her, but we have never met - by Aria - April 26, 2016, 04:56 PM
RE: I dream about her, but we have never met - by Aria - April 30, 2016, 10:59 AM
RE: I dream about her, but we have never met - by Saēna - May 09, 2016, 07:18 PM