Golden Glade A Reminder
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
i hope you don't mind me! :0

Arturo had been shown a slight mercy, or perhaps had a stroke of good luck for the scrawny squirrel he'd scented scavenging through the loose bracken of the unknown glade that he'd traversed to from King Elk Forest had ended up falling prey to his jaws. It had not been a terribly long trek, but he'd had to be careful he did not traipse too close to the borders of the pack that inhabited the territory to the west of the King Elf Forest, sticking to the Basin instead. It had been there he'd rested the night previous, holding out onto the hope that a herd or a few stragglers might make their way to the watering hole but the Fearghal had been left woefully disappointed and continued northbound. What he intended to find, he didn't know. His plans had been placed studiously on hold as the need to survive took precedent.

The scrawny thing hung limp betwixt his jaws as he lugged it around, looking for a secluded shelter to enjoy it. He wasn't sure how far desperation would drive the wolves of these Wilds for a scrap of food, but regardless he didn't have the patience to deal with thieves. In fact, he never had patience for those that intended to steal from him but his lack of tolerance only strengthened as his hunger remained a constant gnawing in his stomach.

He paused, setting his kill down to give his jaws a break for a moment, salmon pink tongue drawing across his chops to collect the errant droplets of blood and saliva that had dribbled out of the corners of his mouth before his head lowered to pick it back up. That was when he noticed her — a flame against the skeletal remains of these Wilds. Fiery orange-red gaze studied her for a moment, deliberating. Perhaps she had noticed him, perhaps she had not, and even if she had there was nothing that said he had to acknowledge her presence; but her ember appearance caught his (always wandering) eye and Arturo was nothing if not a gentleman. It was one of his few redeeming qualities, he liked to believe.

He let out a soft chuff to cordially announce his presence. “Are you hungry?” He called out to her, peeking down at his scrappy meal. It wasn't much — nowhere near enough to sustain one wolf left alone two ...but if she was hungry and if she wanted half of it, he was feeling generous enough to share.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 08, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 08, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 08:51 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 09, 2016, 06:42 PM