Golden Glade A Reminder
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo watched as the ember colored woman rose and approached where he'd left the kill between them, fiery orange-red eyes watched her as she placed her paw upon it and tore a chunk from it. It was almost like taking care of his Family — something that he realized quite suddenly and overwhelmingly that he missed. The “gang” mentality allowed the Fearghal monarch to protect, take care of, and provide for the wolves that had followed him but he'd left the wolves of Quicksilver Hollow in his mother's care. Quicksilver Hollow was her legacy, anyway, not his own. He took a moment to assess her scent, closer to him now than she'd been previous. He thought he scented other wolves upon her but it was faint — either she traveled and spent much time away from her borders or she was alone as he was. Admittedly, the Ceannasach was left feeling lost without a Family. A wanderer without any sort of purpose beyond his own survival. Easy, but hardly enough for Arturo.

He permitted her his silence as she ate, his gaze, steady upon her contemplative. “I am Arturo; Arturo Fearghal,” He introduced himself, breaking his own silence, erring to his gentlemanly side. Arturo's reputation did not proceed him in these Wilds, and thus would probably not mean much of anything to her. More than likely it would be another name to another face; but Arturo was not a man who was content with a simple life and he would not sit idle. “If you are alone, and interested, I would not mind some companionship,” Two wolves working together through this pestilence stricken land might not be a bad thing, Arturo reasoned to himself as he glimpsed around them in soft dismay. “I can't imagine how two wolves pooling resources would not increase chances of survival.” Right now, that was the most important thing: that he survived.

Everything else would come, in time. Legacies and kingdoms were not built in a day, after all, and Arturo was a patient man. “I understand if you decline, but the option is open.” Everything had to start somewhere, even if he failed the first time. He did not see much difference between two strangers agreeing to make a pact and a pack accepting a stranger into their fold. It was the same concept, the same risk, in his mind.

But for whatever reason their conversation did not extend beyond his inquiries and Arturo watched her leave idly wondering if the odds would remain mercifully in his favor for him to scrounge up a meager meal for himself in turn as the two strangers parted ways.
Edited a little conclusion on this. c:
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 08, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 08, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Tuwawi RIP - May 08, 2016, 08:51 PM
RE: A Reminder - by Arturo - May 09, 2016, 06:42 PM