Oystercatcher Tide Pools do not look for my heart anymore, the beasts have eaten it
the wicked and the divine
19 Posts
Ooc —
Can't even let me get settled. :P

She had plenty of time to think about what she would do if—when, she's frequently had to remind herself—she finds him. It has been some time since she'd been on his trail and the last little while she'd been navigating blindly. Ishild's information has already run dry but Ksenia is far from giving up. She won't allow herself to return without something to show for it. Weary and hungry does not bode well with her either, and as a scent infiltrates her nose, she at first brushes it off as fantasy. She's distracted and tired and in that moment, on pause in her search and her brain is doing the best to keep her on track.

When the wind shifts, she loses the scent, and she confirms it had only been her imagination. However, it shifts in a big gust off the ocean water and she turns her head, avoiding the spray but through slitted eyes she sees a darkened figure against the background. Dark red eyes pierce through and her hackles raise, buffing up her shoulders. Ksenia doesn't move forward, doesn't growl, but her darkened lips lift to show her teeth. A warning, maybe. Most likely a threat. Either way, there's a satisfaction rumbling in her stomach.

"Dear brother," she says, despite the wind carrying her voice. He'd hear her. "I have missed you so."