Otatso Wetlands in the end the waves will discolor me.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The woman's question was a bit surprising, but Harlyn didn't wonder at it for more than a second. She gave a humorless laugh and bowed her head. What would she do? What could she do? She had no territory to abandon. She was already on the run with her family, and she had never had an intended destination for the locusts to force her to change.

"My pack was forced to abandon our home before the locusts came," she admitted, not bothering to hide the pain in her voice from this complete stranger, "We've been on the move for days with only a vague destination in mind - a relative of my mate's that may or may not even live where he did when last we saw him. I'm travelling with my children. They're only a few months old, and tired, and terrified."

Harlyn shook her head, hardly able to believe what she'd just said. It was all the truth, but hearing it out loud brought the weight of her decisions down hard upon her consciousness. She shook her head, feeling momentarily suffocated by what her world had turned into. She shut her eyes tight and took a steadying breath before her attention flickered to the other woman. "And you?" she asked, eager for a distraction from her own woes before they consumed her. The druid didn't mind being honest with this stranger, but she was not one to allow herself to completely fall apart even in her solely her own company.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
in the end the waves will discolor me. - by Harlyn - May 03, 2016, 07:43 PM
RE: in the end the waves will discolor me. - by Harlyn - May 17, 2016, 05:27 PM
RE: in the end the waves will discolor me. - by Harlyn - June 02, 2016, 07:18 PM
RE: in the end the waves will discolor me. - by Harlyn - June 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
RE: in the end the waves will discolor me. - by Harlyn - July 05, 2016, 07:30 PM