Blackfeather Woods This is my home too, Bitch (please get along with me...)
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
When the girl did not budge, she struggled to contain her frustration. This woman... if only Burke could find happiness elsewhere. "How naive it is for you to think my problem with you is our first conversation," It was so much more. It was the death, the betrayal, the munipulation and everything in between. Malice had no idea. The conversation only brung up minimal bad emotions but her literal presence infron of her brought up so much more. It was true, apologies would not cut it. Nemesis didn't care for retribution. What would satisfy her need would be for Malice to leave, and only then would they be okay. She had even started to get over the whole ordeal until Burke thought it was a grand idea to bring Malice back into her life. 

"No?" Well, this was a suprise. Clearly the girl though she was an Alpha once again although she had given that up for reasons Nemesis could not explain. Malice's display of cowardice to her lost subordinates supported that fact, she was no Alpha and probably never truly was.  "May I remind you that I am your superior, wether that suits you or not," Malice a was 'queen' no more, and Nemesis found pleasure in that fact. There had only ever been one Dark Queen, Meldresi and that would never change. Malice was a fool if she thought she could ever come close to being or replacing the Priestess.

However, when the girl spoke of the same Brotherhood she has scorned all those moons ago, that was it. How dare she? To ruin Nemesis's sanity and come ask her to teach her the ways of the only thing she had left? Who did she think she was. "No," It was defiant and final, unwavering as a boulder stuck in the soil. She would not be the one to let the stranger in on the secrets of their culture, and she did not think Kove or the other's (more specifically, Damien) would be obliging either. Burke could do what he wanted, and she would not hold that responsibility. "You will earn that right, if you ever do. Right now, all I see from you is trouble and insubordination. And I will not be the one to ruin our culture by adding you to the mix," It was a fact that Nemesis only spoke of what she seen, what was displayed before her eyes. Malice had not given her one gesture of submission since arrival, nor looked like she planned to any time soon. Like she had said, Malice was to have no special treatment. She would show respect like every other loner who wished to join their ranks. Nemesis had to do it, and so would she or the prospect of entering the Brotherhood was as far away as the next planet. 

"But do me this favour, if you care at all," Her tone turned sour, touching up on a topic was particularily sensitive about. "Don't ever kid yourself. You will never come close to replacing her. You will never be her, and you will never be like her. Do not think Burke will ever think of you or care for you like he did to his true mate. You will never be the Dark Queen so long as her children are around and I am here to make sure it does not happen," The idea of Malice becoming the Queen of the Brotherhood was the depths of her worst nightmare. Surely it would never happen, Burke would never let it go that far. But if it were to happen, that would be the day she could take it no longer. She would never submit to someone who wasn't Meldresi. Damien or Potema would never stand for it either. She had made her loyalty vows not only to Burke but Meldresi and even in death she would stay true, no matter the cost.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy